9-AAA district tourney

bonero23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redbaron, Thanks for the update. I agree with you that it appears they just have letdowns. From what I have seen, they do this after one of their great wins. The next game they look like they have never played. That is why I disagree with FpFanatic about player rotations, injuries, change in line ups, etc. This does not explain routine plays. On TENNBASILE comment, you are right on with that statement. I see the best teams fall into that mode. The coach is very good and had always had his teams prepared in the past, that is why I made the comment about the team being so fickle, and believe it is lack of player focus. So please don't jump on me to hard FPFanatic. Good to share opinions with you guys.

iconu2, sorry to see that our dialogue has resulted in so much misunderstanding

on your part (lol); not trying to be hard on you, I just get a little peeved when

it looks like people try to butt in without knowing all the facts and circumstances.

Let's just leave it at this and agree to disagree, I am looking at the root causes and

it looks like you were looking at the results ending in lack of focus and fickleness,

hey, that's what it is all about on here, being able to pontificate the issues, express

opinions, state your ideas; all without worrying about winning a debate or argument

about such trivial pursuits as these; anyway, it sounds like you are a real old

timer, when did you have kids at Beech or Hendersonville? :lol:

FPFanatic, Thanks for the reply. Your correct that I don't see the everyday events at any of these programs. I just try to offer a non bias observation based on many years of coaching and watching players. I value your comments, as I have been impressed with your post over the past few years. I see you do know ball. I'm not looking for an argument, but a sharing of opinion from everyone. I have had players that have attended school at Goodpasture, DA, Hendersonville, Franklin, Ezell, Beech, etc. I just love the game and watching the level of play improve every year. Most of the people who are on here do a great job, and the people who really know ball have great insight into a lot of issues. I may have been a little touchy on your comment about analyze your own team. I watch most all the good teams in this state during the year, and try to offer no emotional comments. I know how it is when your child is playing; you sometimes lose perspective on things. Know what I mean?? I really want Hendersonville to do well, and just can't understand what is going on with them this year. My daughter did attend Beech many years ago, and was a really good player. She also played summer ball with most all the great player during her time, including girls from Hendersonville. I still look foward to the continued exchange of ideas. lol.

Does anyone know how the district standings actually ended up? Just curious who Hendersonville will be playing in the first round. Are red barons speculations correct? Should be a very exciting week. GO COMMANDOS.

Thanks for the score ebilbrey. kksdad, switch Gallatin and Mt. Juliet and I think thats your standings. I still havent gotten a clarification on it though. From a previous post, i think im correct.

Red Baron let me bring you up to date.

The regular season district winner gets a bye. which is Beech

Number 2 plays the winner of the 7/8 game which was Mt. Juliet

Number 3 plays Number 6

Number 4 plays Number 5

These games are played at 2,3,4 home fields. It's single elimination. All games played on Monday.

The winners play on Tuesday in a double elimination format.

Number 1 Beech plays the lowest remaining seed.

The other two winners play each other.

So if teams 1,2,3,4 all win then 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3

All of these games are at Drakes Creek because last year District winner was Beech. Cost will be $3 for Adults and $1 for Students.

Wednesday the losers of Tuesdays games play each other the the Winners of Tuesdays games play each other. Not sure of times