Brentwood Will Be The New #1 Team

soccermadness

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood is a very good team, we have a lot of very talented players wiith many offensive threats and our D has only allowed 5 or 6 goals so far. im not sure about us being the best team in the state, we've had some very close games, hendersonville-MBA, where we tied but have not played well. if we play up to our level we will be very competitive but lately we've had very low intesity and need to step it. you can look for us in the state tournament-we're determined to get there, and we'll see what happens. it should be interesting.

RealFootball731, Let me congratulate YOU on being one of the few players on this whole website to tell the truth and show some pride by not using this post to overbrag. As I said before in so many of my post, If you are good you don't need to toot your own horn others will do it for you!! Another poster who shows good control and compliments the others is LCsoccer (MT), and even Irish(Evan) both of those are in the other Classes( A/AA and div II. Now I am all for Brentwood bringing us back the State Championship to middle Tenn, BUT, the real power is still in the East , no matter what the records!!!!! I will post my favorites without any prejudice before playoffs start in all 3 divisions and I try to get the scoop from all over the state, so it will be fair and not favorite generated. Congrats to Brentwood

Even though Brentwood is undefeated, doesn't the record of opponents, strength of schedule, playing ranked teams and such have a bearing on the ranking? I would think so. They might not end up at #1 this week, which would be fine with me...believe it or not.

P.S. RealFootball731, well said...

Actually, what troubles me, is that I do think we'll receive the #1 ranking in the state. Then after being proclaimed #1, we must go play BGA at BGa on their Senior Night. Now, if we cant make things worse, well be missing are starting left back, and are starting centermid will be hurt. PLease dont take these as preconceived excuses, its just going to stink tob e named #1 and then in all likelihood go lose to a BGA tema in our first game at #1 (By the way, I think BGA would beat us anyway even ifw e were at full strenght, just to clear it up). I hope we are not name d #1, it will be a very short stay.