Best player in East TN?

mhusband31

Let the debate begin...here is a starter list.

Waldrop 1B/P (Farragut) - Vanderbilt Signee

Eldrigde OF (Farragut) - East Carolina

Kirkland C (South Doyle) - Alabama

Iorg SS (Karns) - Alabama

McGahey 1B/OF (Science Hill) - VA Tech

Carver LHP (Cleveland) - Georgia

Hall 3B/SS/RHP (Webb) - Western Carolina

Herbold C (Webb) - ETSU

Reagan OF/P (Farragut) - Samford

Spencer B/LHP (Morristown West) - UNC-Chappel Hill

Here is a list of those that I could think of...Waldrop wins it hands down in my mind, what do you think? Lets get a good debate going. Any more names out there?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about going professional straight out of high school you have to go with Chris Kirkland, because of his position [not to mention his skills (1.75 appx., better than some pros)] Catchers are recruited more heavily than pitchers, infielders, etc. Kirkland has to be the best player in East TN IMO.

If we're talking about going professional straight out of high school you have to go with Chris Kirkland, because of his position [not to mention his skills (1.75 appx., better than some pros)] Catchers are recruited more heavily than pitchers, infielders, etc. Kirkland has to be the best player in East TN IMO.

pitchers are recuited more than catchers bud...

Lockwood can take the outside pitch the opposite way with power...he will rarely chase a pitch away. I pitched against them this year and stayed away on him the whole time with some success. i'd have to say i'd go backdoor curve on him and change up. i wouldn't risk giving him the fastball that he can drive over the leftfield fence opposite way.

i don't know if you can really say who the BEST player is, because a player has a bad night every now and then and the other has a break out night. if you want to say the player with the best supporting cast you could go with any of the guys from farragut. they have grown up playing together and team chemistry always helps to make a ball club that much better. all of these players are premier players in the south and have made a name for themselves. these guys aren't going to major division I colleges on accident. and yes i agree with Statement......pitchers are recruited more heavily by professional scouts. Most pro teams take it as a major business risk to draft a catcher with one of their early picks as there are many free agent catchers with experience that they can pick up. Joe Mauer of the Twins is one of the few catchers to come straight to the pros out of high school. you have to look at this.. a picther is going to be used for one reason to PITCH but a catcher starting has to play the field and hit. he may be doing well defensively but he may be suspect at the plate and hurt the team by not producing.

Waldrop is the best all-around player in east Tennessee. He can do it all with pitching, fielding, hitting, and baserunning. I would put Kirkland next because he is the best at his position out of all. I would then go with Spencer for he is another great all-around player. Iorg would be next with great hitting and fielding skills not to mention a great arm. I would then go with Eldridge since he is the hardest out in the state. I would finish off with Carver, than McGahey, Hall, Herbold, than Reagan.