Nick Pasqua

TnVols23

you honestly think this kid could play at UT? give me a break. i watched him play pegion forge at mo' west, and the kid could barely play w/them. sure he hit the game winning shot, but other than that he wasnt very good. you must not realize the level of competition from hs to college is tremendous, let alone hs to the sec. no wonder buzz didnt look at him, he's not good enough

Never said the kid could play on the SEC level. My point was that Buzz wouldn't take Lee Humphreys who has proven he could play on the SEC level and when he was called on it he said, "he didn't fit our needs." we weren't in need of a shooter. Looking back at last season he must have been a poor judge of talent because he needed a shooter. Tennessee coaches expect local kids to walk on while they go out of state and beg marginal players to come in and play. If you can't keep good local kids at home you need to be fired! :angry::angry::angry:

I agree with you bitcatt. I've noticed that UT is always letting local talent go and I don't understand why they do that. Travis Stinnet was a great shooter and could handle the ball, but for some reason he went to Alabama. Lee was also a great shooter and ended up at Florida. This is one reason I'm not a UT fan, because they let local talent slip away!

Buzz Peterson is an awful recruitor. He let one of the best players from east tn go to UT biggest rival. "Humprey isnt big enough, he cant shoot he cant do this he cant do that" that is all that the man that was supposed to save ut basketball said about Humprey. Nick is a great player he comes up big in the clutch and he will show Buzz what he is missing. He went and got Bradshaw who I could beat and I havent played in over 2 yrs. Best of luck Nick Im sure you will be fine. When the Marsh Pit finds out when you play it will be time for a Road Trip.

• 2 weeks later...
Nick is good enough to play at UT if Ol Dane Bradshaw is. heck, the only difference is that Dane went to some prestigious prep school and Nick went to little ol Alcoa.

Dane went to Memphis White Station, not a "prep school" but a public school basketball power that produces talented players who get scholarships most every year.

I agree that Nick is a fine player. King is probably a good fit for him.