Tennessee

Redtwin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really inconsistent. There's just something about the other goalies on this list that Regan doesn't exhibit. Kirk, Adam, Craig, and Cory would make athletic saves: kick saves, diving saves, off-hip saves, twisiting saves, one on one, etc. They really got down on low balls, and high balls rarely snuck in. Also all had excellent stick skills. Kirk played attack until his sophomore year i think. He went from goal to goal several times in his career, and could have been an all state shorty if he wanted to. Regan is solid, but just not as edgy or flashy as the other guys. Very good goalie though.

Guest BIGRUSN

While regan's saves may not be spectacular, he does spet up when its important. I think his stick skills are among the best I have even seen in a goalie. He has a very acurate pass, and a quick release. He was the first goalie I have ever seen throw a pass with his stick vertical upside down. Maybe he isnt the save master, but his skills are very impressive

While regan's saves may not be spectacular, he does spet up when its important.  I think his stick skills are among the best I have even seen in a goalie.  He has a very acurate pass, and a quick release.  He was the first goalie I have ever seen throw a pass with his stick vertical upside down.  Maybe he isnt the save master, but his skills are very impressive

Regan's stick skills are very impressive, but Kirks were just plain scary. He scored several goals from his goalie postion in high school and one his senior year at Notre Dame. Kirk could have played attack at Notre Dame, his stick skills were that impressive. I honestly think that he is by far the best player to ever come out of TN. Not to mention he was 2 time first team All GWLL and Second team All-American as a senior at Notre Dame.

Edited by Redtwin

Adam and David have very similar styles. I think Adam's hands are a little bit quicker. I think they both play the low stuff really well but Adam might have a slight edge on the higher stuff. One thing about Adam is that it took him until his senior year to settle down with the ball and clear with confidence. David has been much more relaxed on his clears since sophomore year. Both are very good goalies and there's no real way to compare so I'll just leave it at that.