Oak Ridge/Karns

sportsfanatic01

Whats everybody's thoughts on the game? I know these teams played two close games earlier this year already. Im sure it will be another close game considering it's tourney time and Oak Ridge is probably the hottest team in the District as of late.

I'd say Oak Ridge will be throwing Mullins but who knows

Hiwassee do you know who Karns will throw Chester or Ownby???

Edited by sportsfanatic01

The last few games Ownby has not looked as good, I see Karns throwing Chester too. I see Oak Ridge getting the upset cause they always play well at tourney time and are hott from beating Powell and Halls last week. They look tough and Froning always has them kids playing well this time of the year. Oak Ridge also has two leftys who are tough in Mullins and Brown watch out for the wildcats in the tourney

oak ridge is a very lethal team right now. as mentioned they have two quality starters in brown and mullins. not to mention seth reardon and jake vane. their bats seem to have come to life at the right time and if the keep playin like they have...we are lookin at a carbon copy of the year they went from the play-in game to the region....

I don't think a decision on Karns starting pitcher has been made for the Wildcat game. Landon Chester threw one inning last night and looked good. Shane Ownby threw two innings and I thought he looked his old self. Eric Hill also threw two innings and could surprise a few people.

Karns has faced Jared Mullins many times in his 4 years at Oak Ridge and he is a fine ball player, but I'm not sure if he will start this game. Jared did start the Halls game that Oak Ridge won on the 29th, so he is back from his back injury. Nathanael Walker threw both of the regular season games for Oak Ridge, both one run games that Karns won.

Brenton Brown could also be on the mound for Oak Ridge, I believe he has done well in some games this year. Tom Froning, baseball coach of the Oak Ridge High Wildcats always has them ready by the district tournament.

It should come down to which pitcher is on and which defense supports him.

I agree. I think Karns definately got the worse end of the deal getting the 2nd seed instead of the 3rd seed. Oak Ridge will be a tough first round game. I think your right Hiwassee about whoever pitches better and makes the least mistakes on "D" will win thats how close these two teams are. I see Oak Ridge throwing Mullins or Brown just because Walker has already thrown twice. Brown is tough he beat powell last week and held them to one run, but Froning is an excellent coach and this should be an excellent match-up goodluck to both teams