Jr. Sunblet Team

team1tpx

Jason Rice from Rossview, Davey Cothren from trousdale county, and Bo Griffith from Millington are coaching the Junior team. Marc MacMillan from MUS, John McNeal from Friendship and Andy Gilley from Hendersonville are coaching the Sophomore team. Rice and MacMillan are serving as the head coaches.

This was a great experience last year for the Jr. boy's from Tennessee. They played a high level of competition....some really fine teams from all across the country. Plus they won the thing.

The biggest plus I noticed above and beyond the level of competition.....from a parents viewpoint......was this was a true "All-Star" team.....I mean each player was an individual star.....but they played as a team.....laughed, joked, existed and got along like they had been together for years. (In fact one of the other teams parents commented to my wife and I how well the TN boys seems to get along together and asked how long this team had been together.....my wife told him "since the Tennessee state line"). I will add that Vol24 and his Asst's added just enough coaching and guidance when needed.....and let the boy's play when needed. They did a terriffic job......but what coach wouldn't want a team like that?

I do believe that this year the boys will be staying with local families which will possibly enhance their experence even more from a sleep and food consistency standpoint.....the other teams all raved on the the care they received from the "local's" in McAlester......as the sign at the city limits says "Home of Cowboy's and Italian's."

TBCA does a great job with this event and the Murfreesboro Showcase. Both benefited my son in experience, exposure, and playing with guys he had only heard about or passed briefly going on and off the field. He still talks with guys from this team regularly.

I will "ditto" Soup's comments. Great experience, great exposure. It was the beginning point for my son's increased exposure to several different college coaches and led to some great options. If you have the chance, don't pass it up-GO! It was also a way for the boys to get a taste of what minor league ball must be like for an extended time.

Absolutely one of the best events my son ever attended!

Players can still be nominated. I know that the junior team was still looking for pitching especially lefthanders. I will agree with Soup and AdDad that the sunbelt was the best experience that I have had as a high school coach. It was am awesome week and I got to knpw alot of great kids as well as players. If you have a player who is nominated they need to take advantage of this opportunity.