JCM coach steps down

VolunteerGeneral

Volunteer,

Enough said! I heard from Coach Lumley and I heard your thoughts. I will have my opinion and you can have yours. This was bad on the adminstration's part. I think we CAN agree on that. I hope your school can build a good baseball program. I have nothing against you or JCM, I have many friends there and alot of great kids there. Best wishes for the future!

Well chris..just one more thing. :lol:

You have not heard my thoughts because I have not posted them here. That`s why I suggested you join coacht plus. If you want to know what the Jackson Sun didn`t report you can send me a private message.

I most of all took offense to your calling the players big babies. You have no idea what they have endured for the love of playing baseball.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just think, Coach Lumley went through all this for a whopping $3000 supplement. Congrats JCM parents, you ran off another coach. Who's next??

Lumley's wife?? (she, also, can't beat North Side ).

Edited by cofo

I am beginning to see a pattern with teams that are struggling with a close rival. First Blackman now JCM, I agree with the previous post, back off parents and let these men who are working for change on the hour do their job. Let AD's do the hiring and firing, after all that is their job. In fact as a parent you should be a fan, supporter, and even a booster; not a critic or evaluator. If you don't like what you are seeing be quiet and don't be a distraction to the team, there is plenty of time for meetings and conferences in the offseason.

i havent been on here in a while and i just read through this post again and i have a idea for your summer team problems. why dont u get one og those parents who think they know how a team should be coached and let them do it. let them teach them how to have proper pithcing mechanics and how to throw there hands at the ball. it aint that hard LOL. after a couple of butt kickings in AAA baseball they shut there mouths and realize they dont know what there talkin about.

BOTTOM LINE is coach lumely is a great coach and when these little babies that have never had to work to get somewhere or work to get better were actually pushed to do sumthin they couldnt take the heat. baseball is a game where u have to go out and work to get better we all know that. well some of us do anyway, and obviously jackson has some kids who think that just because daddy is a special someone that they shouldnt be pushed to the limit. yea i have ran till i threw up and kept on running while i was doing it. this genereation of kids are very lazy and think they shouldnt have to do anything. i beleive its the parents problem not the coaches. they ahve to get out on there on one of htese days. mommy and daddy wont be there forever. but let em learn that the hardway.

sorry to hear about all this todd, i sat in the dugout many days with you and watched the same stuff. Baseballs a fun game until parents get involved. SOmetimes life sends reality checks in the form that sometimes your kids aren't as good as they were in little league. In many cases the competition catches up with them. It's the kids that can handle the heat the longest and keep on keeping on to get better that make it in the game. That's not to say a parent shouldn't be involved but you've got to know where the lines are drawn and be able to step outside and see your kids talents the way others do before you can start throwing stones. THe same parents that raise heck about coaches like this are the same ones that make fools out of themselves in the stands yelling at umpires when they call your kids out. It's a natural cycle.