District game results

BigG

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See, thats just it, the keeper is never mentioned when refering to the teams formation because he/she is a given. They are always in the same place, in front of the net, so there is no need to mention them in formation. You just state the three lines on the field(back, middle, and front) regardless of where the players are placed(sideline, defensive mid, stopper. or wingers). Does that help, sorry if it feels like I am lecturing. ;);)

See, thats just it, the keeper is never mentioned when refering to the teams formation because he/she is a given. They are always in the same place, in front of the net, so there is no need to mention them in formation. You just state the three lines on the field(back, middle, and front) regardless of where the players are placed(sideline, defensive mid, stopper. or wingers). Does that help, sorry if it feels like I am lecturing. ;);)

Kazam

again you are wrong, it is a common mistake not to mention the gk. But ask any soccer coach the goal keeper is part of the formation. As a matter of fact did not the kingston team that beat oneida last year used their gk michael day as a sweeper keepr out of the box. I guess he still did not count. As far as lecturing me, I don't think you can when it is base on soccer.

Kazam

again you are wrong, it is a common mistake not to mention the gk. But ask any soccer coach the goal keeper is part of the formation. As a matter of fact did not the kingston team that beat oneida last year used their gk michael day as a sweeper keepr out of the box. I guess he still did not count. As far as lecturing me, I don't think you can when it is base on soccer.

You might be surprised what he knows. But the keeper is never referred to in naming formations, as it's understood that he/she's always there. Otherwise you'd see formation names always starting with 1 (eg 1-4-4-2, 1-3-5-1-1, whatever). It's just omitted because it's understood. And I think you're both wrong on Oneida's formation, it was described to be by Oneida's head coach to be a 4-2-3-1. Not much different from a 4-5-1, but a few philosophical differences.

I say, old boys! Thanks for coming to my aid! As I probably need it from time to time. Formations smormations, no one really cares about the grease in the pan, dudes. Call it what you want, but Oneida has five legitimate mid-fielders in their lineup and two of them serve defensive purposes. If you choose to play more of an attacking game, you don't have to change the formation, just the alignment of personnel. SocEag15, I hope to goodness M. Day is asked to play "Sweepkeep" on Wednesday.(lol) The last one that came close to trying to reinventing the Keeper position by becoming an eleventh fielder was Jose Campos, and with the exception of a brief MLS career, I haven't heard a peep out of him since. In fact, I heard he became such a liability in front of the net that they moved him to the field before his career ended. Pleeeaaassseee, Boy! :D:angry::D

The last one that came close to trying to reinventing the Keeper position by becoming an eleventh fielder was Jose Campos

Actually, Ridgeway did this about 3 or 4 years ago and got to the state finals. Not too many teams can, though.