ND/McCallie

irishlu

If Miller keeps the door shut (and Robbie can) then this could be close in spite of McCallie's much stronger roster and skills. Coaching may come into play also. Rumor had it that Steve George just might take over for this game. I think I'll go see this one.

2-0 McCallie - or even more if George does coach.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie matches up well with Notre Dame and this should be a good match. I do think some of the McCallie posters are being unreasonable with the coaching comments. Tony Meyers is a first class coach and a better person. He's a bit too old to play, though, and he's not the reason McCallie feels it has had an off season. Frankly, given your schedule (one of the toughest in the State), McCallie has done very well. A little luck here and there and you'd have had a tremendous season. With the single exception of the Bearden match---when your team looked extremely tired after three straight days of travel---McCallie has been in every game it's played all season. McCallie can play with anyone in the State and a return to Spring Fling is only two wins away. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by hoya75

I've been waiting to respond to the negative comments regarding the McCallie coach. Of course the comments expressed are your opinion but some, Blu in particular, have an agenda and spreading rumors about coaching changes is insulting. Here's not only my opinion, it's first hand knowledge having coached with him - Tony knows what he's doing and knows when to execute - the post season. For those that don't like the style of play you've seen based on the talent they have, keep in mind that most good teams have a dominant and a secondary style. I have not seen them play this year and although it sounds like they may be playing more direct than most would prefer, it doesn't mean that they can't possess and build more now that the games really do count for something. Hoya's right, Tony is a bit old to play on the field and probably has no eligibility left so the kids might have to step up themselves.

Props to both teams. blu, lay off Tony. You sound like some bench warmer or bench warmer's parents who are mad because of lack of PT. Tony isn't Kevin Simms or Steve George but neither was Simms George or visa versa. This is easily the physically smallest McCallie team in a long time. The coach has changed style to accomodate size and other player variables. Oh the other important little fact. McCallie has the toughest schedule in the state. Congratulations for not ducking competition.