ND at McCallie

Hoya

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie outshot ND something like 10-2 (just a guess, not official). I believe the goal was scored by Chris Love with a shot from the corner of the 18, the ball was mishandled by the keeper. The condition of the field in the second half was definately noticable, seeing as atleast nine people fell down every minute. Overall it was a very exciting game to watch, good game guys.

Robbie Miller is the real deal!! He played a great game. A hot shot from Love skipped on the wet grass instead of bouncing for the score.

McCallie dominated everybody but Robbie for the entire game. It was McCallie against Miller - that simple.

To have so much talent McCallie has no strategy. Ex: Overtime kickoff .....they just boom ball to ND???????????????? No clue! Never play quick possession restart either. No plays on cornerkicks or restart in the games I've seen. tons of talent but.............often revert to "rec" ball. Killing ND but no shape change to finish them off during reg time. Go up 1-0 in OT but no shape change to protect the "win" when that is all they needed.

That Orie kid (#16) in mid field for McCallie completely changed McCallie's style of play since I last saw them. He may well be the best player on the field. Great touches. Always plays the easy ball... on the grass! Attacks when others are strolling. Delays while his team builds. he is fun to watch. He makes McCallie play posssesion soccer instead of kick ball. I hear he is only a freshman - but ODP trained. one to watch!

Good luck to McCallie in Knoxville next week.

It was a good game, and I believe it could have gone either way, all it would take was if one shot ND had with little time remaining in regulation that hit the upper-90 corner of the post was just a tiny bit lower. Oh well, both teams played well

Oh yeah- Blu- I think you are gorgetting that both teams had very talented sides not just one player. For McCallie, John Templeton, Davy Pollock, and Patrick Johnsons all had great games. For ND, you did mention Robbie Miller, but you forgot about Nick Kidd, Ronan Cahill, Mat Halter, and Bryn Meredith... just to name a few.