Oak Ridge/Cumberland Cnty Scrimmage

boyfromsi

Oak Ridge scrimmaged Cumberland Cnty with Oak Ridge outscoring the Jets 5-1. We are very deep at running back with Spencer Gulmire, Leonard Blair, Emanuel Isang and Daniel Johnson all running well. The starting defense did very well in pretty much shutting down Cumberland County Wing-t attack. One real down spot for the Wildcats was the passing game; there is much work to be done this summer. That should improve over time. Both starting lines play very well, there will be no drop-off in line play from last season to the next.

Cumberland County, while not the fastest team in the world, was fundamentally sound, especially on defense. They tackled well and looked to have worked hard in their off-season conditioning.

Good luck to both teams as they prepare for the upcoming season.

Sounds like Meadows has them fired up. Believe it or not, after Clinton, most Oak Ridge players I know consider William Blount to be their biggest rival. Recently, no matter how well (or bad) either team is playing, it has always been a close, very hard fought game. From what you and others have been saying about WB, I'm glad we have them later in the season. See ya at the Maryville scrimmage?

I thought they looked OK. Not a lot of team speed, No. 25 is a good slasher type runner, he was the best out of the back field. QB play was pretty shaky. I thought they were well-coached and were in good condition. However, the lack of speed at the skill positions will set them back.