Karns @ Farragut

Getherdun

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mhusband you're a GENIUS! thats just way too amazing for me to comprehend! but wait...its not smart to throw waldrop monday friday its not smart at all! im scared...its not a good idea!!!!! hmmmm 59 pitches 1 hit 10 k's...im sure he'll be REALLY fatigued come friday...get off me with your ridiculous baseball theories cause you're wrong

did you get to talk to kyle after the game and ask him how is arm was feeling? a direct quote would be appreciated

Edited by TheFH

I want to congratulate the Admiral Baseball team on the victory tonight. I had wished for a better game between the teams. The first inning fiasco was just too much for the Beavers to overcome.

For those not at the game, after a leadoff Admiral out, the Karns starting pitcher would walk Tony Delmonico and Kyle Waldrop would blast a two run homerun. Not too bad at this point, but Landon never recovered as he would hit the next batter, walk the next two to load the bases. Two runs would come home on wild pitches before Riley Jennings would single another run home. Landon then walked another batter and Coach Sharp then changes the pitcher with runners at 3rd base and 1st base with one out.

The new pitcher, Eric Hill would hit the next batter to load the bases and with Farragut at the top of their order, Harrison Eldridge would walk to bring the six run of the inning home on two hits. Karns would finally get out of the inning as Tony Delmonico would hit a hard line drive to 1st base and Harrison is out at 1st on the double play.

It seems that the mental edge added to the Admiral talent edge is hard to overcome for many teams, Karns being one.

Farragut would score two more runs in the 2nd inning on three hits, a single by Cody Brown and a double by Scott Dean. Philip Sharrard would then single two runs home for an 8-0 lead. The Admirals would score four runs in the 4th inning, but if a throwing error by the Beaver catcher to Shane Ownby at third base had not been made, I believe that Chip Eskew would have been out on the tag by a good throw. If that had happened, no Admiral runs would have scored in the inning. Harrison Eldridge latter hit a 3 RBI homerun in the inning for the final 12-0 total.

Now let’s look at Kyle Waldrop’s line. Kyle faced 17 Karns batters over 5 innings, 10 K’s and one blooper single. Kyle threw 59 pitches, 50 strikes and 9 balls. “Outstanding!” He was very impressive as was the Farragut team.

The Admirals have batting lineup that keeps the pressure on, it will be interesting if another team can pitch well enough to give their team a chance to beat the Admirals. Tonight this team looked better that last years State Champions.

I wish them the best.

P.S.

Thanks for all the gracious Admiral parents that said hello and were good host. Soup, I'm going to claim the "tatter sack" race by default! I must savior something on the night. :D

No sorry didnt get to speak to him. Maybe you should calm down though. It's just coacht, not a big deal. But I do think Karns proved my point that any pitcher on Farragut could have won that game...just a thought

too bad we both agreed on that point, i guess you'll have to wait til friday for my point to prove you wrong! hopefully i'll be able to make it out! too bad you didn't get to talk to kyle, maybe he was avoiding you? that would be too bad! tell him he pitched a heck of a game when you talk to you best friend!

HV it seem that Phibbs from Halls also pitched great against Karns in district..So could we see Catapano and Phibbs wednesday in Halls at Farragut?Such be a good match-up of future stars.I to meet you wednesday if you plan to attend the game.Halls appears to be playing good baseball at the right time.SD is a very good team with a great future.Baseball in this area only looks to improve.GO HALLS!!!

Awesome game. I think the Admirals are playing their best and they are going to be hard to beat. How bout that 10 K performance. I was out of my seat every time i sat down to put up another K. I wish the Admirals luck wednesday against halls as they play for home field in sub-state. Congrats to Karns on a good season. And at least we don't have to deal with those South Doyle fans anymore.