Brentwood's 103 goals

That'sIgnorant

You are correct.  Muhammad Ali was another.  And those teams and individuals, save the Fab Five, won championships.  Congratulations in your post season success in the past five or six years.  You made it to the final four once in about eight years with some of the premier talent in the state.  And I'm sure a few of those 10+ goal games were much closer than the score.

and who would u play for world cup? I dont think you can blame this years senior class for stuff that happened the past 8 years. thats weak.

Edited by That'sIgnorant

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What difference does it make who he plays for? Or if he plays? I don't have to be a psychologist or a pro athlete to tell if a soccer player is an arrogant, spoiled, cry baby. Maybe that's one reason why the only people who cheer for Brentwood are Brentwood supporters and their groupies.

this is stupid, everyone knows Brentwood is a great team. why do you have to get on here and say it over and over and over again w/ this 90+ differential crap? who cares? the only thing that matters is winning the game, be it by 1 goal, or by 10 goals...

Well well well, Brentwood wants to know why everyone doesn't like them. It is because of threads like this. There is no excuse for a team to consistently run up the school on teams that have no talent and for that matter don't belong on the same field. I guess the coach over there does understand what sportsmanship is. Brentwood you will get what is coming to you.

Well well well, Brentwood wants to know why everyone doesn't like them. It is because of threads like this. There is no excuse for a team to consistently run up the school on teams that have no talent and for that matter don't belong on the same field. I guess the coach over there does understand what sportsmanship is. Brentwood you will get what is coming to you.

I dont think we ever asked why nobody liked us. WE dont care. Gerry bertier, you are an idiot and shouldnt even be allowed to comment on soccer. Our us against the world mentality suits us fine and its too late for us to get whats coming to us. IF youll remember correctly we werent picked to even win our district, let alone host the region championship as district champions. Even if we were to lose to Franklin thursday, our season would have surpassed all expectations by getting to sectionals cosnidering we lost 11 seniors from what was probably the best senior CLASS Brentwood high has EVER seen. Bertier stick to what you know best cornfields and farming, not soccer, idiot.

Ha I love it when people here the truth and think they are cool by putting down others. Actually I have no clue about cornfields and farms, if you have any advice on those things I could use it. Trust me I know my sports including soccer. Please don't put me down like that again, it is really uncalled for in this type of situation.

This is why Florida high schools have a 10 goal differencial after the first half. Call it the slaughter rule or whatever. Satellite High school would score 10 in the first half and then the game was over. Thatsignorant, it's not you against the world. There will always be people against high scoring games, and always people for it. The thread wanted to create controversy and it accomplished that. Apparently you guys have a great team. Understand that anytime you score 10+ goals there will always be people against you. I personally don't care for that, but I'm not going to post negative threads against it. You guys are having too good of a season to talk smack. Let your victories do the talking, and let these types of threads roll of your back.

As long as there are so many inferior teams locked in the same districts as powerhouse teams like Brentwood there are going to be lopsided scores. If the scores got run up with most of the starters still on the field then thats not a good thing, but if the bench or even alot of jv players accounted for alot of the scoring then thats another issue. How can you tell a jv player not to score when it might be his only chance all season. The 10 goal rule might be a good idea since there is so much disparity within the districts. Teams are required to play all teams in their districts but out of district games should not be scheduled if both coaches know it would be a slaughter. But I wouldnt brag about a huge goal differential when you played teams like Spring Hill, Hickman Co. etc. Brentwood is a great team with a great coach and will make alot of noise in the playoffs. But this huge goal differential doesnt make you any better than alot of teams with half that goal differential. Stats dont mean alot during the season, only in the playoffs.

How is that weak. Brentwood is following the same rap that they have the past several years. Everyone thinks that they are going to set the world on fire. I think it was two years ago that everyone thought they were going to be great then they got drilled by Bearden. Now granted Bearden were national champions Brentwood lost something like 5 of their next eight. And last year they started off the same: drilling the small guy and squeezing by those good. What happened next? They lost to SMYRNA! Now I'm not taking away anything from Smyrna because they had an outstanding club last year, but Brentwood shouldn't lose to Smyrna. I think it's safe, ThatsIgnorant, to say that the seniors this year can be partially to blame for last year's stunner. You're right; I can't blame you for eight years, but I can for three. That's not too weak. And I will say one more thing in Brentwood's defense; had they had Terry Shrock and not Wendy Hart they would have done much better last year. Terry Shrock was a great coach and led them to the '95 title game. That was team that maximized their potential. Shrock didn't have to blow teams out. He had more respect.

but if the bench or even alot of jv players accounted for alot of the scoring then thats another issue. How can you tell a jv player not to score when it might be his only chance all season.

From someone who follows Brentwood closely, it should be known that there are bench and JV players with higher stats than starters because of the so called "slaughter" games.

You all can rail on Brentwood all you want but is my opinion that all the railing is based on jealousy and not some moral superior high road. There is no way the Brentwood players are any more "jerks" than the rest of you.

I also think is it safe to say that That'sIgnorant is talking trash just to see how you all will respond. He has you in the palm of his hand :D

There is not one team on here who wouldn't welcome the kind of success Brentwood has had. Then the shoe would be on the other foot. I guarantee it.

Edited by bhs007