Best of Preps wo will make it

soccerkid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasnt selling him short, in saying that he "might" deserve the spot... just meant that I havent seen enough of him this year to know if he played to a best of preps level this year... i know hes in my top 3 for overall ability (Meyer, Miller, and Williams) but didnt see ND much this year, and therefore added Sanchez because of Grace's overall record... glad to hear he maybe made best of preps first team. however to be fair thanks to the Chattanooga media bias to the private schools it is easier to get the acknowledment if you play for a private instead of a public. I wont take anything away from Meyer or Miller by saying that and I wish them both the best of luck... but with Williams being only a sophomore this year he definitely should make BOP next year

Miller definately deserves to be first team. He made three disgusting saves against me alone in our first meeting (he played well the second game also excluding the one mistake). ND played a tough schedule and had a pretty weak defensive team, therefore hurting his stats, but he is definately the second best (maybe the best) goalie in the area. Miller and Meyer (although this season was not as good as last year) both deserve to be first team no doubt. Also Drew Howe and Michael Campbell deserve a look.

I think it's a good possibilty, although I'm not sure it's warranted...I'm not saying that he isn't a very good coach, but with the huge talent pool he has I'm not sure how much of their success is coaching...I feel there are some other coaches who deserve a look as well for pulling together less talented teams and that it shouldn't be based on which team has the best record from the area, but we'll see how things turn out here in a few weeks.

good call... most of the coaches in the area would have mcminn county's team with at least the same record as earls has, if not be undefeated, and untied... especially jimmy weekly of baylor... one coach who deserves a look has to be bill winchester of ooltewah... now i personally am not a fan of his motivational tools, but getting Ooltewah to a 10 win season and winning their district this year even with a severe lack of talent, and experience(obviously there are exceptions to that rule) is a pretty dang good job of coaching. then again, earls has gotten his local talent to stay at mcminn and not bail for private schools in either knoxville of chattanooga(which in itself I guess is impressive, except mcminn is basically and hour away from either city), and kept together to build the best group of players in the chattanooga area so maybe he does deserve it

sorry to hear that... bad teachers have a way of ruining even the most enjoyable of experiences...trust me, when I went to Ooltewah I never took an art class even though I was probably one of the top 3 artists in the school each of the 4 years I was there... thats how bad Ooltewahs art teachers are(guess thats about how bad mcminns cullinary arts teacher is)... oh yeah... good luck in Memphis, only Brentwood and Farragut in AAA can take ya'll down so Im pretty sure at the very least the Semi-Finals have McMinn's name all over it