Halls @ DB

bendb1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jbrock3320,

Thanks for the report. The Indians are truly in a rebuilding year with only 2 seniors on the roster...both are very important to the success of the team...everyone on this team has played hard all year allowing them to win games with effort. Seniors, juniors, sophmores and freshmen playing key rolls for the team. Pitching - Kilgore, Fritz, Ferguson, Allen, all could start (all right handed). The Indians have reasonably good speed. The Indians hit the ball to all fields, not great power, but there have been a few assaults on the fences. The key tonight is to not make mistakes...probably the case for both teams, make the other guy earn it, which I understand both teams are capable of doing. Should be a really good game.

This Indian baseball team epitomizes the sports year at Dobyns-Bennett, nobody picked them to do what they have done, but here they are one game away from the Spring Fling (football wasn't picked to win the conference, but did again, went 11-2 state quarterfinals- -basketball was 5-7 early, then went 20-3 and made it to the state final 8, again; now, baseball wins the region and surprises everyone). Good kids giving their best effort - win or lose, competing with pride; that is what sports and success is all about.

The last time these two teams played baseball against one another, Halls won 3-2 in the TSSAA sectional game to qualify for the state in 1997 @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport.

Halls fans if you are coming this way, drive carefully.

Good luck Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

illpete23,

yes, the next couple or three years could be quite interesting for the Indians...there is an outstanding freshman class (upcoming sophmores - in all sports) - one freshman has started most of the season in the outfield and three others were brought up at tournament time.

But, this year has been extremely exciting for a really good group of kids, who have played hard every time out...tonight should be no exception. Win or lose, it's been a great year.

Good luck Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

Well, I'm glad all of you seem like you know what went on at the DB-Halls game,"Oh well, game was tied 3-3 till the 8th. Then either DB's pitching gave up or the Hall's bats woke up. Either way congrats to Halls, and good luck in Memphis," Wow good for you WacoJaco, Dobyns Bennett had plenty of chances to win this game, with the team being young they had some mistakes that will be taken care of next year. And for all of you congratulating Lockwood, he gave up around 7 or 8 hits and 3 runs of his fault, Larson had to come in and pick up his mess. Halls was all of an average team, and yes given them props is appropriate, haha but memphis has no mercy and this team will not make it far. DB will be back next year stronger than ever, stronger than any team on this side of the state, with the experience of many juniors,sophmores, and even freshman, they will be hard to beat. Yeah, i know what all yall are thinkin, and its right, DB runs through my blood and i figured since all you all are for is halls, id put a little fun in here for my guys, the Tribe. Excellent season boys- a 30-12 record is very impressive, not many teams in the state have won 30 games, hmmmm what does that mean for next year???? Get Scared