Greenville @ Farragut

mhusband31

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has typically hit hard-throwing right handers well this year. They have hit the ball extremely well against Tanner Hiles, Lee Vannoy, Scott Green (6'8" pitcher from Louisville Male H.S.) just to name a few. I'll take my chances with Farragut over any right handed pitcher.

Greenwy is a very good pitcher, but still not good enough to beat the mighty Admirals! He does throw gas, and seems to be hitting his peak after coming off a back injury. Greeneville just doesn't have enough from top to bottom in their lineup. They only have 3 hitters, 2 of which are excellent hitters (Greenway and Day). Venerable is also a quality pitcher.

I'd have to go with Farragut on this one. No offense, but Greeneville hasn't beaten a real team by more than one run all season (at least the schedule on CoachT.com). I know that a win is a win, but it is going to take more than a couple of runs for the Greene County boys to pull this one off.

HVol....the unoffical book:

Waldrop - 7IP, 10K's, 0BB, 3H's, 77pitches -59K/18B, 0ER

Eldridge - 2/3 (3B), 2R's, RBI

Waldrop - 3/3, 2R's

Dean - 2/2, (2B/HR) 3RBI's

Sherrard - 2/3, 1R, 1RBI

Other hits - Delmonico, Brown (2RBI's)

Greenway piched well for the most part....I believe:

6IP, 5K's, 5BB's, 9H's, 100+ pitches

Venerable - 1IP, 0K's, 1BB, 2H's, 2R, 2ER, 15/18 pitches

Hits for Greenville - all 1B - J. Cutshaw, Dean, M. Cutshaw

Greenville played well through 3.....2-1 Farragut, then the FHS bats re-a-woke from the 1st. Congrats to Greenville on a fine season. Their fans were great and so were the boys on the team. The radio folks from Greenville did a super job as well.....those Science Hill and DB radio guys have been in our "sky box" and these guy blew them away.......I would listen to them cover anybody.

Edited by SoupKitchen

HV: (From my son's computer)

Right now I'm planning to go to the Fling, and will take a laptop. I'll try to put up some info when I can -- however, no promises. There may be others that will get posts up quicker.

It was a great win for our Admirals tonight. It took a few innings to the run-scoring machine going, but in the end, it was another big win. It's great to be going to Memphis again!!

DugoutDad