Brentwood 2 Franklin 1

bhs007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to officiating in Soccer - High School Soccer - you are going to continually get poor officiating, as long as the current level of certification requirements are kept.

To an earlier statement that the officiating was excellent - you followed with bad calls both ways, missed calls even and so on - says to me that the game was called poorly; regardless of you are rooting for.

If an official maintains control over the game, is consistant in his calls, and keeps the attention of the fans on the game and not directed at himself or herself - then he/she has done a good job.

Bottom line - both teams played hard, left it all on the field and only one can come off the field victorious.

Good luck to Both Teams - and hopefully we will see GAME 4!

The no calls may have been even like you said, but the fouls that brentwood commited that werent called were completly obvious in the box on scoring chances. The no calls that went against brentwood took place around midfield and i know of a few of them that you are talking about, defatta and bond each got away with some pretty obvious fouls. Also this is a completly unbiased opinion, unlike bhs007 or whatever his name is. The kid who has no school spirit and won't cheer for his own school.

The hypocracy coming from an Auburn Fan. I believe you guys went from pre season #1 to the Toilet Bowl Right? Shut your mouth fool

well said...except its "hypocrisy"...but i love you lemmiwinks

also...brentwood stinks we [bga] own you

(its all in fun. i dont really think that)

to be honest, im from franklin and year after year i go for franklin in all the fhs bhs games. this year i went for brentwood. i wont say why, but i have my reasons. lets just say it has something to do with respect on the field and one team showed much more than another.

with that said, its not my fight, so im dropping out.

Comment if you like but don't expect a response, unless you leave me room for a humorous one in which i get to make fun of you.

nickforte.....brad christenson was not "taken out".......he dove, there may have been some contact, but not enough to send him diving and screaming to the ground. As for hetzer, he did not intend to even toutch defatta but accidentally did and instead of running directly into him he stuck out his hands, i understand that it looked bad but it was not his intent.

To an earlier statement that the officiating was excellent - you followed with bad calls both ways, missed calls even and so on - says to me that the game was called poorly; regardless of you are rooting for.

I didn't say there were bad calls, just that they were almost dead even for both teams, and as far as missed calls (which happens even in MLS), it was dead even for both teams as well, so I stand by my statement that it was an excellently officiated game. Everyone has their own biased assesment on what should have been a call and what was a dive or simply falling down - in other words, there shouldn't be any complaining about the refs - from either side. What won the game for Brentwood was that second goal, not the refs missing calls in the box.

Yes, i will admit i thought the refs seemed biased toward brentwood. It wasn't that they made calls in favor of brentwood, it was the calls that they didn't make that i didn't get. 1 example, 2nd half Andy Martinez gets flipped in the box and flipped is not an exageration he is flipped and lands on his head and is shaky getting up and there was no call. Another 1, 2nd half Christiansen gets cleary taken out in the box right before he is about to take a shot and there is no foul. Another time Hetzer for brentwood takes a really big time cheap shot on defatta and defatta says something and then hetzer retaliates later... no call... i think you see where i'm coming from. Also there was another time where Russ Runyeon was going up for a header on ogilvie and russ gets shot to the ground and the whistle is blown... "finally, it's about time" i hear franklin fans moan. But their moaning turns into anger when the foul is on russ. The refs no doubt seemed biased towards brentwood. Atleast in the last 20 minutes it seemed that way. Also i loved how they changed from their red shirts to their blue ones hahaha. I am completely unbiased fan and that is my opinion on the game. I have friends on both teams i didn't care who won, i just wanted to see great soccer and that's what i got, but there is my opinion on the reffing.

Nick forte, although I play for brentwood ill give you the real story on those 3 specific fouls you mentioned. First off, the one with Russ was a foul on Us. I agree. The Christiansen one was NOT a foul. I dont know how it looked from the stands, but he got flat out stuck. It was honestly all ball. As for the 3rd foul, it was one of those that was borderline you call, and borderline you dont. The fact taht it was in the box probably led to the no-call. Now, in a biased opinion, I feel the calls went slightly against us, but that is a biased opinion, as all these seem to be.

smyrna did not hand it to us last year you moron, did you even see the game?? we dominated the entire game and had the ball the whole time but simply couldnt find the net. Luckily for smyrna they crossed it in and it bounced off of our own player from the 18 yardline and went into the goal.......it was sooo lucky and there aws no handing to us from smyrna ever.