Unicoi Wins!

hard_ball1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what... i just got home from that game and no offense unicoi doesnt DESERVE to walk in anywhere... everyone works just as hard to get where they are... I play for Kingston and its not like anyone expected us to even make it past the first night of districts. So when you say people have so much heart and determination dont forget that theres another team that was in your shoes and didnt come out that lucky....

humm...how to reply to that one in a way that will not offend (as this post is meant to be encouraging...)

Perhaps the person that said that Unicoi deserved to be walking in Memphis (and I love those song lyrics) is a supporter of Unicoi Softball. Also, that person may not know anyone from Kingston so how are they to know how much hard work that y'all put in over the season. Trust me, the Unicoi girls do deserve to go to Memphis from how hard they have worked over the course of the year and the dedication that they have shown to the game.

I have no doubt that the young ladies from Kingston also put in a lot of hard work, and that they too should be deserving of a trip to the magical land of Elvis. However, one team wins and another loses. As far as no one expecting y'all to make it out of districts, I guess you showed them (and kudos for doing so).

wpasi...I do not doubt that your team has heart and determination, but this is something that a lot of people overlook and thank you for not bashing Unicoi like so many others would after their season has ended. If you reply to this message let me know what year you are. I'm hoping that you are a junior and are a major baller. If so, then maybe something good can come of this message. Congratulations on your season, and if you are a returning player use this Sectionals game as experience and perhaps I'll be reading about Kingston in 2005...and just for your information...a 5-3 loss to Unicoi is A LOT better than the majority of the teams they have played this year have done against them, way to play a good game...

Edited by illpete23

Thank you for not taking my reply in a mean or insensitive way... im not a junior infact im just a freshman and no how many people tell me i still have 3 more years... it doesnt hurt any less... i guess i was expecting more out of this season because we were off to such a horrible start and came out so strong... i also wante another chance at lenoir city...! lol I hope unicoi county does well and so does lenior city... it justs hurts to think of the woulda coulda shouldas of that game...

I don't think she was saying that they didn't deserve to go. She only implied that more teams deserve to go on the basis of hard work than those that get a ticket to Memphis. Anyways...as for you, since you are a freshman you do have three more years. I've said goodbye to seniors 6 times now (4 in high school and twice so far in college) and it NEVER gets any easier.

See, if you were a junior and one of the best players then I would have liked to take a look and see if you could play with our softball girls after your high school career is over. I liked the post you submitted because it showed that you care about the game, and that you have respect for the game. And in no way did you show disrespect to Unicoi, only you had asked that respect be given to the young ladies from Kingston. I understood your post, and I look forward to seeing how well Kingston does in 2005.

Thank you IllPete ... and I'm playing summer travel ball with the Diamond Softball Academy so even if i was old enough i already have a team To let the other poster know I played 2nd base and doubled in the first run of the game... I definately think that next year Kingston Softball will take a turn for the better. We will have a senior pitcher 1st catcher and left fielder. I know Humphries <Jenn> will lead it with the pitching and i cant wait!

I hope Unicoi does well and i never said i didnt... so anyone reading this please dont think i meant ill will because i didnt :)

Thank you again IllPete for understanding i appreciate it! :rolleyes::D

:D Sorry my bad... i realized this after i posted! blonde moment* Anyways Im not sure what college you are from but if i may our Pitcher Jennifer Humphries is an upcoming senior in 2005 and shes a great all around player... ive played with her before highschool and shes by far one of the most focused players ive met. Although her win/loss record wasnt that awesome this year <in her defense> she was battling Pnuemonia and Plurousi *spelling* for half the season and still pitched. Im not sure if she might be of interest for you but she is definately worth looking at!