Lebanon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sundays bracket play looks like this:

A1-East Tn Stars vs B2- Memphis Pump and Run, 10:30 Cumberland U.

B1-Tn Team Pride vs A2- Stampede, 10:30 Wilson Central HS.

Winners play at Cumberland U. 1:30pm. for the state champion ship.

Losers play at Wilson Central 1:30pm. For the third and fourth spots.

All four teams have qualified for the national tourney in Chattanooga Tn July 7-13.

Congratulations ladies. :o

Tn Team Pride jumped out to an early lead and won over the East Tn Stars 96-81.

Alysha Clark was solid under the net, rebounding, passing, and scoring, and even came out and made a three.

Cait McMahan was amazing; passing, rebounding, shooting, and ball handling at another level.

Memphis Pump & Run won over Stampede for the third spot. :D

Team Pride was up 12 to nothing before the Stars first basket. It was 17 to 2 before Burkey knew what hit him. That was the first time out!

The lead stayed pretty much 12 to 16 point throughout the game, as Tiffany played possession offense. If we had continue to run, the margin of victory would have been much greater. The Stars made a run to begin the second half, and Jessica Mooney was on the bench. When Jessica came back in, we took it to about a 24 point lead, and then played possession again. Burkey even had his team hold the ball at the end so we would not get 100 points.

Jessica Mooney proved in this game that she is a much superior player to Cait. Cait is everything that everyone says she is, Jessica is just that much better.

It's kinda like Cait is a Zolman, and Jessica is an Alana Beard.

Team Pride was up 12 to nothing before the Stars first basket. It was 17 to 2 before Burkey knew what hit him. That was the first time out!

The lead stayed pretty much 12 to 16 point throughout the game, as Tiffany played possession offense. If we had continue to run, the margin of victory would have been much greater. The Stars made a run to begin the second half, and Jessica Mooney was on the bench. When Jessica came back in, we took it to about a 24 point lead, and then played possession again. Burkey even had his team hold the ball at the end so we would not get 100 points.

Jessica Mooney proved in this game that she is a much superior player to Cait. Cait is everything that everyone says she is, Jessica is just that much better.

It's kinda like Cait is a Zolman, and Jessica is an Alana Beard.

As a spectator at the final game Sunday, I find your comments about two fine players disturbing. First I think your comments drip with bitterness. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion about player comparisons, but why do you do this on a public board? Both teams have some great talent. Jessica played very well as did all the other members of the Pride team. They took it to the Stars from the start of the game. I think that if you were to ask Cait and Jessica about each other, they would both be very complimentary of each other. Something that you might learn from them. Congratulations to the Pride team on a great win.

Your pudding has no proof!

I admire that all you Insel's and Burkey/Insel's clan stick together. I know other mountain families just like you guys. It really is charming. I would not expect a comment from you that stated anything other than an insult, which did occur.

But the simple fact is that Jessica was the best player in the gym, TTP won the game because of her play, and Cait could not beat LaCondra Mason.

I am not taking anything away from Cait, dang that kid is good. But Jessica is better.

BTW...LaCondra and Cait are very good friends.

Zoo

Jessica and Cait do not really know each other, other than knowing who each other is.

Cait has been touted as the best of the best of everything. Jessica gets little pub because her parents do not get into the all the hype such as what has gone on with Cait. Which is fine. But I for one, who saw a game that pits these two against each other, and it was clearly obvious which of the two was the better player, I am giving Jessica the hype that she now has proven to deserve. "Pub" can only happen on a "pub"lic forum.

Additionally, Team Pride, and the players for Team Pride are continually dis-respected, even after their accomplishments. You are probably not aware of the "Smak" that had occurred prior to this game. I understood that Team Pride did not stand a chance to win this game.

I Actually feel silly going back and forth with you on this,but the more you say warrants a corrective response. If you check your book of the game, I think Cait scored 29 or 30 points. Did she do that during half time? Give your coaches more credit. I assume that they had someone guarding her. Be proud of your teams win. I hope that the young lady that you spoke of earlier has a speedy recovery.

Just a few observations:

1) Cait MacMahon IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE. Need proof for you pudding: who is recruiting her??? Tennessee, UCONN, Florida, and every other top 10 program in the entire country.

2) Mooney is a VERY TALENTED player - top 10 in the state easily. I was very impressed with the weekend that she had - she proved to me that she can play on the elite level. The thing you have to look at is who is recruiting her? I don't think Pat Summitt has ever been to watch her play or Coach Auriema. This is not to say she isn't a great player, but Cait is on another level.

3) It was obvious that TN Team Pride has played and practiced more than any other AAU team I have seen this year. They have great team chemistry and that is one of their biggest strengths. The coaches should be praised for bringing this team together. The Stars don't have the luxury of practicing as often as TTP and that is a weakness they will have to shore up before the nationals.

4) Not to say the Stars would have done any better with them, but to have 3 players out with two of those being starters hurt them.

5) After watching the 15u state in Cookeville last weekend and the 16u state in Lebanon this weekend, there is no doubt in my mind that the best two teams in the state are 15u teams: Shelbyville Sport Shop and TN Tigers Select. TN Team Pride 15u squad finished 3rd in their state tournament and BEAT TTP 16u's.

This is going to be a GREAT summer for TN Girls basketball on the national level, I really do believe that. It is easy to sit in the stands and critique, but I am glad that girl's basketball fans in TN have the luxury of watching some of the best in the country in our own backyard!