CONGRATS MONTGOMERY CENRAL

MCBASEBALL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have used Casey Gunter and Kyle Mills. They could win the state in two more games minimum or 3 maximum. I believe they have another pitcher in Bradley Jackson, but I didn't see him pitch during the Regionals or Sectional games. They get to rest tomorrow, so that may help.

The box scores from the Briarcrest site have not be available due to a computer problem at the site according to Earl Nall of the TSSAA. Hopefully, that problem will be fixed soon so that we can see exactly who pitched and how long.

THEY HAVE TO WIN ONE MORE TO GET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP. CENTRALS PITCHERS HAVE HAD A SOLID YEAR. THEY'RE NOT OVERPOWERING BUT THEY HAVE GOOD CONTROL AND LOCATE THEIR PITCHES WELL.

KYLE MILLS (SOPH) HAS HAD A GREAT SEASON WITH ONLY ONE LOSS ON THE YEAR. CASEY GUNTER HAS BEEN ON FIRE THE LAST THREE WEEKS OF THE SEASON AFTER STRUGGLING EARLY. CENTRAL HAS A VERY YOUNG TEAM WITH 4 SENIORS 2 JUNIORS AND THE REST ARE SOPH. AND FRESHMEN.

I agree MCBASEBALL. Central's pitching has been great lately. Casey Gunter impressed me with his control in the district championship against Harpeth. Kyle Mills was also good in the game with Page & Jackson South Side. Gunter also had a good game against Marshall Co. I think the days rest will help and hopefully Central can take it all.

THEY HAVE A FEW MORE DECENT PITCHERS IF THEY GET IN TROUBLE, INCLUDING A FRESHMAN(DUSTY WILLIAMS) THAT HAS GREAT CONTROL AND HIS DELIVERY KEEPS HITTERS OFF BALANCE. LIPSCOMP WILL PROBABLY COME BACK TO FACE CENTRAL AND THEY WILL BE TOUGH TO BEAT TWICE. BUT THE PRESSURE WILL BE ON WHOEVER THEY PLAY BECAUSE CENTRAL IS PLAYING LOOSE BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT EXPECTED TO WIN.

I think Central has a lot of momentum going now. I believe they went undefeated in their district tournament and then won games over Page, Marshall Co., & Jackson South Side to reach the State and now have won games over Seymour & David Lipscomb. With each win, they have gained confidence. They are certainly in the driver's seat in the Lower Bracket with 2 wins and a day's rest before they have to play the winnner of David Lipscomb/Covington. I would assume that Lipscomb is the favorite to win over Covington, but you really never know what will happen. Milan may be the overall favorite, but they still have to play the games. Central's coach, Todd Dunn, has been coaching for 19 years and certainly knows the game. I have talked with him after some of Central's recent wins and I really respect him. He is a great coach and I wish him and his team continued success.

Gerry, I'm sure a lot of people felt the same way as you did, including me. The 1st time I saw Central play this year against Harpeth, I thought they're not that good, Harpeth just played badly. I was impressed with Casey Gunter's pitching and the HR by Daniel Baggett, however. In Page's game with them, it was Michael Disney who delivered the two HR's which won the game and Kyle Mills pitched well. In the Marshall Co. game, Daniel Baggett was the man again going 3 for 3, 2 HR's, and 5 RBI's with Gunter again doing the job pitching. I thought that Jackson South Side would be tough for Central, but they got 12 hits including a triple by David Miller with Kyle Mills going the complete game. Central has stepped it up, playing with emotion and taking their two games at the state against Seymour and a highly respected team in David Lipscomb. The question does exist will they have the pitching for the remaining games in the state. Will have to see if they can do it.

Edited by PageMan

MCBASEBALL: If you would kindly look to the immediate left of the"A" button on your keyboard, you will find a slightly larger key that reads "Caps Lock". It would be much appreciated if you would press that button. You have every right to post in all caps, but I just figured I would ask you nicely to stop. By the way congratulations to Central, but I've got to add the fact that I'm rooting for Lipscomb to come out of the loser's bracket and pull out another state championship!