TSSAA Track

saywhat?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanderbilt does have a very nice track...but their stadium is nowhere near big enough to seat all the people that the state track meet has there watching. I totally disagree that the state meet should be held there.

Temporary Bleachers bud

Best track in state+best central location+temporary bleachers= Best State meet to date!

Issues with thte State track meet :

1. Memphis, need I say more, how many kids from the East ran, threw or jumped, and their parents missed it because they would have to miss 2 days of work. Very few of us can do that.

2. Taking the morning to run the field events then doing nothing until 5:00, it makes it very hard on multi-event runners especially kids who run singles and relays. start them back up at 2:00 and take a little more time between races give them a chance to give their best.

3. Making coaches and athletes pay to park unless there are at least 3 athletes in the car, some schools are lucky to get one let alone three.

The list goes on.

3 Making coaches and athletes pay to park unless there are at least 3 athletes  in the car, some schools are lucky to get one let alone three.

I agree it is stupid trying to make athletes pay. I guess thats why i had to sneak in. No way i was going to pay $7 or whatever. What was i going to do watch myself run? TSSAA s ucks.

Edited by fastkid101010

Temporary Bleachers bud

Best track in state+best central location+temporary bleachers= Best State meet to date!

Have you ever been to the Vandy track? There is hardly enough room for the temporary bleachers that they have. Although they indeed need a more central location for the state meet.

Edited by Olympian2012

It would be a challenge, but it could be overcome. The useless concrete thing running parallel to the home stretch could hold quite a few temporary bleacehers. Entrance to these bleachers would be through the back of them, meaning that spectators would enter from around that building back there. Natchez Trace could be closed off to house more bleachers.