Empty Feeling

04tigerkiller

There empty feeling for all seniors who have to leave...and plus there is an empty feeling to those who have played w/ seniors for 3 or 4 years...like me...we had 7 to graduate whom some I have played w/ for 3 or 4 years...and its gonna be weird not seeing them there next year...and next year is my last year and I have been dreading it since our last game...

Even though the only championships I've won have come in speech and debate, I agree that there is often an empty feeling after you've worked so hard for something and you receive it. It is common to wonder where to go from there. It is a clear indication that there is more to life than the destination -- it's all about relishing the journey. :unsure:

Very well said WesVols! But for every ending there is a new beginning. For some it is beginning a college career, for others a career in the labor ranks, others education, parenthood, etc. For all the glory and good times on the baseball diamond, there will be others elsewhere. And the empty feeling's now will be bragging rights when you are 40 and can't remember the facts properly! :)

May God bless the rest of your lives seniors. I had a junior pro football coach in M'boro Mack Thweet get it right: Our priorities are God, family, school, then Franks IGA.

I can't argue with #1. #2 means family, teamates, friends, people, communities etc. #3 can be debated even though I think that he meant lifetime learning. Franks IGA was my team or "fun" at the time.

Stay busy :^)

I know you may be lost for know but you have made enough memories for a lifetime. You will never forget the games, plays, calls, roadtrips and other fun things that have happened troughout a carrer. A state chamipionship is a great thing and you have every right to be proud. Hopefully when you a getting older and have graying/thinning hair you will be known for more than just a state champion.