Time to thank Memphis and the TSSAA

cartercountydufus2

One thing Memphis offers that Chattanooga doesnt...

A phenomenal opening ceremony.

There is no campirson...its sad that some of the teams were eliminated at that point, but its better to do that, then start the whole thing another day earlier, where kids and parents end up leaving and staying at a hotel even longer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I heard was that the church they'd originally planned to use refused to let the fields be available on Wednesday night in case of rain.

But again, even last year, Carter was already saying that they were almost certain to go back to Greenbrook.

Thanks for the info about the fields. Help me understand something please, Was TSSAA planning to use a church's fields for the softball state tourney?

Yes. (voice of Tim from Monty Python and the Holy Grail) But thees ees no ordinary church!

Bellevue's fields are every bit as good as Greenbrook, IMO. The problems are that they don't have a press box and there's pitching mounds on some fields.

Memphis is a great spot for the fling. I've read about bad hotels and panhandlers. Some one tell me how Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga got rid of their bad hotels and where did they put all of the Panhandlers. As I remember Baseball in Chattanooga teams had to drive 1 hour to get to fields. and that was just 4 teams per classification. Greenbriar is considered one of the nation's top baseball and softball complexes. And last who was MVP in Track and Field, Tennis or Baseball. Sounds like sour grapes. Look at the bright side, The Peabody, Auto Zone Park, Beale Street and most of all the FOOOOOOOD. Keep the fling in Memphis W.Tennessee is always shut out, and for years we drove to Chattanooga and not many said a word. Please return the favor.

PS Most of you would not have known you were in Mississippi if you had not been told. Memphis has grown and so has Southaven. This is Sport not Geography

Edited by wad