Division II shot

plato

I was reading the resluts from the D2 shot put and does anyone know what happened to Matt Bubis from MBA? Why did he not throw well? Or is that well withing his ability?

I watched the divison II shot put, and he would not have thrown any better. He threw pretty well, but the guys from CBHS were head and shoulders above him. If I'm thinking of the right guy(he uses the spin technique right?) , then he looked kinda off that day.

Everything clicked for him on that single 51' throw he had in the regions. His next best throw all year was around 48' 6" or so. The spin can produce some great throws, but may not be as consistent as the glide. He's got another year, and I'm sure will be up in the 50" + range more consistently in 2005.

Edited by itzme

Witnessing the event, I believe the wet conditions were a factor. Bubis and Santi (the other MBA thrower) were the only spinners in DII and both threw well below their regular throws. Wet Conditions effect the spin technique much more than the glide.

It wasn't nearly as wet during the Division II as it was during the AAA and A-AA. The ring was practically dried and the sun was out by the time Div. II started throwing. Both spinners I saw looked inconsistent and unsure of steps. But you are right in saying that even having their shoes wet from the grass might have caused them to spin slower or with more caution.