next year teams to watchout for

soccerforlife3005

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PSAFour, I usta like McCallie but you always act like you got everybody's number, Baloney`, Now that the season is over, are you coming back or do you graduate?? Now LCSoccer, he does have alot of knowledge and freinds everywhere he goes. YOU PSAFOUR should strive to be more like him and then your opinions would be respected more. THINK about it and by the way your punctuation was wrong too, you should have used a semi colon after the word messages, since your First statement was not a full sentence...Just ragging u

Hahaha. WELL PLAYED, Invasion. Anyway, I agree with you lcsoccer is a class act, but I do not feel I have everyone's number. I just know what I believe and take a stance, this year my stance is that USN got lucky to make it to state finals. Oh and I will not be back next year. By the way, who are you Invasion? Do i know you? Just give me a hint.

Catholic will fall a good bit b/c of the loss of not only talent, but of leadership and their whole team's persona.

PSAFOUR, that's the same thing everyone said about the Irish in 2002 when Carlos Maqueda, Brad Giordano, Derrick Lott and David Houbre graduated after our first state semifinal. Instead of falling off, the Irish returned to the state semis the next two years. We lose three four-year starters in Evan Giordano, Michael Houbre and Austin Sheridan and a fourth in Daniel Sheridan who missed this entire season with his wrist surgery. Nevertheless, eight established starters will return for Catholic and I'm betting Coach Rosenblad puts together another run at State in 2005. I agree that Baylor should be very strong. We'll see.

In the meantime, good luck to you and McCallie's graduating seniors. You all have been great sportsmen and more than worthy opponents. You will be missed next year by your school and by the Region.

Hoya, I agree that you guys definately will have talent next year, but I think that Catholic will struggle for not only an identity, but a go-to player. Sheridans, Goirdano, and Houbre have defined that team for two years and played a major part in the years before that. How will that team cope without a "star." I say this b/c I think that is what happened to McCallie. We had a solid team, but had trouble learning not to rely on on player to score all of our goals. Losing Corey Remillard last year hurt us b/c we had relied on him for so long. That is what I see KC struggling with next year. Then again you have surprised me before so good luck, except against McCallie.

Soccer4life you can get too the finals by luck, believe it or not. USN was outshot 28-5 (from what i hear) by CBHS in their first game. Now winning that game is luck. It is not all luck but from what I hear they should consider themselves very,very fortunate to win these games. You can win two games on luck and from what I hear that is essentially the way it happened.

i know i'm hitting this a bit late, but usn got to the finals this year through determination, confidence, and smart defense. not just packing it in by the way. CBHS played more offense, but usn limited them to very few good opportunities and themselves played about 35 minutes of solid offense (i'd give CBHS about 50 and call the other minutes disputed midfield play) over the course of the game and clearly had the upper hand at times, especially during the middle portion of the second half of regulation. by the way, i don't know where 28-5 came from, but i'm fairly certain that it was 19-8. the knox catholic game was less pretty...the irish had several very good opportunities and played offense for most of the game (score count in this one was 19-10, with 9 of the irish's ten on goal). this, however, is because usn scored an early goal and fell into the trap of hanging back and sitting on the lead...a strategy that, I might add, was employed by MUS for most of the second half of the final game (i noticed this myself and the MUS coach is quoted by a local memphis newspaper as saying something to the effect of "we hung back and allowed usn to come at us, and they did")

For A-AA division

Grace & Walker Valley

grace will surely go to state

they were basically all juniors and

will be better next year and walker valley

will be almost all sophmores cept for Chris Sisson(Jun.)

and Levi Rasar(Sen.) and Mike Epps (Sen.)

so they will grow to be an outstanding team..they

might be young..but that dont mean they dont have

what it takes...

What happened to Mcmin this year? O yeah, Farragut raped them again. Will Mcminn ever win states or even beat Farragut?

farragut has a lot of young talent coming on...mcminn will return a seasoned team.......in the state this year, farragut's young talent was not ready for mcminn's returning starters, as they scored 2 goals in a couple of minutes and the admirals scrambled to get the now graduated seniors back on the field.....it should be interesting next year.

as for being "raped"....that is a bit harsh and certainly not fair to the women and children that have lived through such a violent act.......however farragut did win again.........