Best Coach.

panther23

isnt this thread saying the best coach that doesnt win....

Maybe I should have asked which coach with a winning tradition that have never won a state title. There are some excellant coaches and programs that have never won the big dance. Mike Turner from Charleston/ Walker Valley has close to 650 wins in his career and I don't think has had a team win it all.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood's David Lane. Rockwood had 2 District Chamipionships and had been to the regions 3 total times before Lane got to Rockwood in 1994. In 11 yrs, 7 Districts, 6 Region Champ, and 5 out of 6 yrs to the state tourney is not bad, especially considering where Rockwood was in the 40+ yrs before he got there.

I would have to say coach Bassham, too. He always has a solid team and this year he came up 1 game short of winning it all. If this is indeed his last year to coach MP baseball, Let me say that he and Ms Lynn will be greatly missed. Thanks for all the great memories , both of your time and the love you have shown to the MP baseball team. It just won't be the same without the both of you :rolleyes: You will be greatly missed.