Tennessee East-West Shrine Game!

Sequatchie

First half impressions....West O-Line and D-line are dominating. Solima looks very accurate may need to work on arm strength...Bell looks very good as well. Not much good going for the East...the new QB Long looks like he might be able to move them some. West 13-East 7 East is very fortunate too still be in this game...I doubt they can keep it close in the second half.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some observations from me...

First, I think this is such a great event and I can't wait for the 9th contest next year. Second, the West... wow. I thought they would dominate, but not like that. It was fun to cheer 'em on. I'm sure if you were there you knew where the Franklin people were sitting! Chanting "REBELS! REBELS! REBELS!" after Kevyn Murray scored... awesome! Matt Solima- played GREAT! He'll be good up at Tech. Ryan Nichols... he can punt?! HAHAHA. He had that great carry on the speed sweep, but it was called back. Very proud of those three FHS guys. The rest of the West was awesome as well. Bell from Huntingdon is something else. Great job by them. JT Wash of the West- way to stand your ground but at the same time keep your cool. No cheap shots from him, but certainly some good clean hard revenge hits. Wish the East could have been a bit more controlled, but oh well. Overall, a great fun night at MTSU.

I know that Jordan Cain of Sequatchie County was the East Defensive MVP. How did the rest of the players from Chattanooga fare?

Jordan seemed to be the only one playing like it was a football game. I don't remember hearing any of the other area players names called other than the introductions! B)

Anderson never could get on track! I think Ron Cook seemed to have a pretty good game at corner other than that? :blink:

Edited by Sequatchie

Ohhh! One other thing... what about that freaky emergency announcement right before the invocation asking for an evacuation of the stadium?! I was kinda nervous until I realized I recognized the voice... it was Gallatin's PA guy and since they didn't have any all-stars in the game and the lights weren't too easy to find...

B)B):blink: I hope GWAVE1 reads this!