Super Seven Champion

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Folks, it's that time again! This is my first official DII post of the year...make your first post below!

Who will win the Super Seven this year? Those of you who know me can guess where my vote will go. :ph34r:

Carlton Flatt is only 2 wins away from being Tennessee's all-time winningest football coach. Not only will Brentwood Academy win 2 games this year, though...they'll win their first state football championship since 1996. It'll be the Eagles' 10th title, best in the state.

Still, MBA always presents a significant threat, and can tie BA for most state championships if they win this year's title. It'll be tough without QB Michael Fisher, but it is foolish to forget about the coaching wiles of Jeff Rutledge.

I don't know a lot about the other teams, but I want to learn. Tell us who will win it all in one of Tennessee's toughest leagues, and tell us why.

2004 should be one of Division II's best years yet!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In looking at the Chattanooga teams, both lost some strong skill players. I hear the numbers are really down at Baylor while McCallie has an excellent crop of young talent. Both schools will have new QBs so look for typical ball control offenses from both.

Statewide, you gotta believe BA will be the preseason favorite although MBA has some good lineman back with a bevy of young talent. MUS returns most of its talent and father Ryan made big improvements last year.

Prediction:

BA wins; MUS a surprising second followed by MBA and McCallie.

I'm calling for a Big Red Three-Peat. MBA wins their third title in a row and sixth out of the last seven. MBA has reloaded again and will be ready to take on another tough schedule. They will, however, need to play to this year's team strenghts, which is probably less skill and more muscle. I think you will see the offense tend to be more run oriented than in the past few years. The defense will be the overall strength of the team and set the tone, as usual. I see another MBA vs. BA Clinic Bowl, with McCallie and CBHS just below.

Here is my predicted order of finish:

1. MBA

2. BA

3. McCallie

4. CBHS

5. MUS

6. Ryan

7. Baylor

I agree on the MBA vs. BA title rematch. I really think the strength of this years team will be the running game but I am sure Coach Rutledge has some tricks up his sleve. I think Ryan and MUS are on the upswing and will provide much more of a threat than the past few years.

btw...does anyone know who MBA hired to replace Caudill.

Just couldn't wait for CoachT's thread on this a month or so away, eh Wes? :D

I'm not sure what to think about D-II, AAA this year. Seems like everyone lost some key players. I'm going to go with the "safe" preseason pick and go with MBA, but I have a strong feeling that my pick will lose an M as the season goes on...

Just couldn't wait for CoachT's thread on this a month or so away, eh Wes? :)

I'm not sure what to think about D-II, AAA this year. Seems like everyone lost some key players. I'm going to go with the "safe" preseason pick and go with MBA, but I have a strong feeling that my pick will lose an M as the season goes on...

T, HECK NO I couldn't wait!! Oh, and nice play on letters...I'm proud. :P

Bud, way to go with the girlfriend!

I echo Chattcity's sentiments on MUS. I think they could be very good, and I think they regain the upper hand on CBHS in the west side of DII-AAA.

I think Ryan will take a similar jump in progress as MUS but still probably is behind BA and MBA in middle Tennessee. BA should get the preseason nod from the coaches. Tyree Ford will be the next superstar back for the Eagles. The BA faithful have to be getting antsy for another title, yet they certainly have the team to get it this year. MBA is hit hard at QB and WR, but I like their personnel at other positions. Burns, Pilkerton, and Snyder will be a lethal trio in the backfield. Three-peating will be a tall task; we'll know more after the opener in Louisville.

McCallie will still have superiority over Baylor in the east. Did anybody see Ayanga Okpokowuruk play for McCallie last year? His name may be hard to say, but opposing teams better learn it quick - he's a menace. Baylor has a good back in Braswell, but questions linger about his supporting cast.

No specific title predictions, but I feel strongly that Middle Tennessee will be represented for the eighth year out of eight years in the title game. Whether it's six out of eight for an all-Middle Tennessee Clinic Bowl remains to be seen.

Is it August yet?

Edited by rollredroll

Rollredroll

Good to see you back. Football always brings back to MBA alums. Did you folks realize MBA took the state banner in baseball?

The basbeall title was nice to see...MBA's first since the R.A. Dickey-led team in 1993.

I love all the sports, but usually reserve my posting for football. I try to use the winter and spring seasons as my coacht.com downtime.

Just took a look at the MBA schedule for next year and 7 out of 10 games will be played at home. Road trips to Trinity(KY), MUS, and McCallie. A favorable schedule will no doubt help the Big Red. The funny thing is the Ryan game at MBA will be considered a Ryan home game! I actually feel sorry for Ryan for once. It really is sad that they cant get a "home" field.