White House 2004

PredatorXL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jboy01 Who is your brother?

Is the work day with Beech at White House?

They will be alot better this season with all WR returning and the RB.

QB will have a good season

Is it true BigKnocka8 about being the starter at  Dyersburg.

825293949[/snapback]

big knocka8 is a sophmore qb at dyersburg...right now he is the second string qb behind a senior......

he has improved quite a bit since his freshmen year...is benching 250..improved his speed quite a bit as well...look for him to be a starting qb next season (his junior)...should be one of the better in west tennessee.....

Some BDP trivia. The player that coined the phrase "B.D.P." on that fateful night in 1985 in the locker room after a battle that resulted in a hard fought 0-3 loss versus the Madison High School Rams was none other than Joe Pryor, #50. If I am not mistaken Joe, with his long blond-white hair, also kicked the extra point that lead to beating Portland for the first time in 1984, 14-13.

Joe is now kicking butt as a police officer in the great city of Charlotte, N.C. Minus the hair. Sorry Joe. But it's the truth.....

Some BDP trivia. The player that coined the phrase "B.D.P." on that fateful night in 1985 in the locker room after a battle that resulted in a hard fought 0-3 loss versus the Madison High School Rams was none other than Joe Pryor, #50. If I am not mistaken Joe, with his long blond-white hair, also kicked the extra point that lead to beating Portland for the first time in 1984, 14-13. 

Joe is now kicking butt as a police officer in the great city of Charlotte, N.C. Minus the hair. Sorry Joe. But it's the truth.....

825295182[/snapback]

Joe Pryor, WOW!!!! There is a name from the past. When I was a freshman at WH, Coach Porter took us to Florida to play baseball on springbreak and Joe went w/ us. Joe of course had already graduated. Me and another freshman roomed w/ Pryor while we were down there. I am sure he was happy about getting to room w/ 2 freshman.

I'm sure Joe didn't mind. Man, White House was such a great place to grow up.....BDP forever, baby.

825295938[/snapback]

Isn't it the truth White House was the greatest place to grow up. I miss those days of hanging out at the park or at the Jr's Foods on the corner beside the old Piggly Wiggly that Rick Herod owned. But the town is changing so much and growing now, that it kind of hurts to reflect back and see all the changes b/c I am so use to the small town. But one thing is for sure, on Friday nights when the lights go on, it's the same old White House. I haven't been to a game in a few years for I was coaching and now am doing radio now in West Tn. But be for sure if I can make it home by 10:20 every Friday night that the TV always goes to channel 4 or 5 to keep up w/ the Blue Devils!!!

BDP forever and always!!!

I love living north of town.(Nashville) WH is changing, and growing, with the addition of Kroger, retail establishments, housing, I think they are all positives.

The negative was the self serving, selfish political idiots of Sumner and Robertson county who have split our town down the middle. We now have two high schools, one in each county, literally less than 1/4 mile from each other. It is different, it is sad, and it didn't need to happen.

Please don't take this as anything against WH Heritage. The parents on the robertson county side now have a different team to support, if they have kids in school. So, if you are a die hard Blue Devil supporter, with kids, you either move to Sumner county or change allegence. A move usually isn't practical.

My family was lucky. My son was a junior and I had the privledge (yea, right) to pay extra for my senior son to stay and play at WHHS. If he would have been younger, we would have to move to keep him in the program, instead of going to a start up program.

The city of White House is a great place to live, but the HS sports have changed.

I love living north of town.(Nashville) WH is changing, and growing, with the addition of Kroger, retail establishments, housing, I think they are all positives.

The negative was the self serving, selfish political idiots of Sumner and Robertson county who have split our town down the middle. We now have two high schools, one in each county, literally less than 1/4 mile from each other. It is different, it is sad, and it didn't need to happen.

Please don't take this as anything against WH Heritage. The parents on the robertson county side now have a different team to support, if they have kids in school. So, if you are a die hard Blue Devil supporter, with kids, you either move to Sumner county or change allegence. A move usually isn't practical.

My family was lucky. My son was a junior and I had the privledge (yea, right) to pay extra for my senior son to stay and play at WHHS. If he would have been younger, we would have to move to keep him in the program, instead of going to a start up program.

The city of White House is a great place to live, but the HS sports have changed.

825296203[/snapback]

I totally agree! It was a shame that the mighty dollar split the town. White House fans take a backseat to no one. And their typing and spelling skills are better than others in Sumner County, ain't that right Dandy. :justwrestle:

Hey Dandy82. I am so with you in sharing the hurt. I now look back and realize that 75% of my friends were from the Robertson County side, and under the current scenario, I never would have met them. I also know that I will miss all the businesses being painted blue and white every week with BDP painted all over the windows. Now, businesses will probably not paint one way or the other, being afraid that they are showing bias. I have told people from Portland that the only way I can describe it to them, is if Portland was divided down Hwy 109, and one side got the Panthers, and all their traditions, while the other side had to start from scratch. It will always break my heart.

Nevertheless, it happened, and I wish there was a way we could strike up some sort of side by side, community-support promotion for both high school sports programs, where we could call on the community to look at both as representing the CITY of White House.

Also volsandtitans1: The best way I could desribe the general vibe of growing up in WH years ago, would be to watch the movie Dazed and Confused. THAT WAS small town White House-hanging-out to me. Kids in WH have it better now, they can criuse and hang out in parking lots. When I was in school, we had an 11 o'clock city-wide curfew, and you couldn't hang out in a group of 2 or more, in any parking lot anywhere without being run off by the POH-LEESE!

Remember when everybody use to meet up at "The pharmacy"? Man I am getting nostalgic, I'll stop now....GO BIG BLUE!!!!