Johnson City Heat Baseball U15

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Mustangs play the E. Tennesse Riverdogs in the state. It was interesting to see two Mustang players who had been taken out of the game give their uniforms to two guys in plain cloths. I guess some coaches go the extra mile. ?????? And of course, the Riverdogs put it to them anyway, 9-4. :angry:

the riverdogs only have one good player...and that is aj......and all he can do is hit......he only throws about 80......not 89 like someone said a long time ago.....and when you walk 11 people it's easy for the worst team to beat the best..and by the way..the mustangs beat the johnson city heat 7-1...and what is up with the riverdogs coach saying "i'll be the first one in your dugout to fight you and then our benches will clear..i'm sure of that"?

Edited by penholder

I know the Riverdogs coach well. He was headed to the Mustangs dugout if the Mustangs pitcher intentionally hit one of his players. Guess the Mustangs coach shouldn't have yelled out "hit the batter between the eyes" to the pitcher. The Riverdogs coach would have been right on him, no doubt, and I don't blame him. Throw inside at the belly, but not at a head unless you are ready to fight. Wouldn't you do the same? It's just tough baseball kid. There were several Mustang players and parents apologizing for the idiot coach after the game and the next day. Guess the bottom line is, The East Tennessee Riverdogs busted the Mustangs butt! And no pitcher hit anyone. AJ pitched the last inning only so maybe you should worry about the guy who pitched the first six innings. These teams will "hook up" again, another day and it will be fun to watch.

if a kid that squares to bunt you are supposed to throw it at him....between the eyes...and i dont think our coach would have had much trouble with the riverdogs...our coach is pretty big....and we have another big coach....and the parents who apoligized to you think it's wrong to hit people..and i understand where they come from.......but it's baseball....you have to throw at him if he squares to bunt..it's just tough baseball.......HAHA.....the week before i had a kid square on me and i threw at him and unfortunately it hit off his bat and hit him in the neck.....he ended up being alright.......but him and his head coach understood why i did it.......he didn't square around again

Don't think anyone had a problem with throwing at the batter to break up a bunt, but if a coach calls out loud for a head shot and the pitcher head hunts, it'll be a fight in these parts. Tough baseball. :D The Kite kid for the Riverdogs had a finger broken when a pitcher threw at him on a bunt during the Music City Sizzler. It wasn't at his head but it was chest high. There was no complaining out of the Riverdogs bunch. Annouce you are going to throw at their head and then do it. Let there be no doubt about what to expect. You would feel the same wouldn't you? By the way, after the coach made his "hit him between the eyes" announcement, the Riverdogs coach had them fake a bunt and the pitcher threw it to the screen, outside and low and the runner from third walked in. Nice squeeze and a nice bit of coaching. ;)

Edited by GLee