Why not Jordan Jeffers at 5'9 170

olhickory

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts

1.Johnson went to the nike camp at Ohio State early this yr and he blew it up there with his speed in the shuttle 4.20and 40 4.47 as well as the vertical leap etc.

His stock went through the roof after his performance. UT was after him the next week hard and heavy. These camps put the real facts out there for all to see.You can either move up the recruiting ladder or down depending on your performance.

Marsalous obviously moved up.

2.He is actually around 5 ft 9 185 I believe this is what his nike camp numbers were.

3.He benches around 300lbs and squats well over 400lbs (with a beeper no cheating system)

4.He is being recruited as a DB probably corner.

5.Hard worker who has really matured since his freshman year.

Some of the ht/wt info was getting inflated so I wanted to set the record straight

Edited by 82cat

I don't think so. UT's track program can get a lot better track athletes than Jordan. Jordan is a fine track athlete, but his times shade in comparison to state champions all across the country. They can get a 10.2 and 21.2 guy on a full scholarship at UT.

As far as football goes, this Smyrna kid may have been somebody they believe has more potential than Jordan or is soebody that fits a mold better than Jordan.

Just my .02$

The kid runs a low 48 400 and a low 21 200 - if that's not a D1 track prospect then something is wrong. If UT can get a lot better athletes, then get them because their sprinters have not been dominant in the last couple years. They score in the field events, decathlon, 800, and sparingly in the 4x400.

I don't think so.  UT's track program can get a lot better track athletes than Jordan.  Jordan is a fine track athlete, but his times shade in comparison to state champions all across the country.  They can get a 10.2 and 21.2 guy on a full scholarship at UT. 

As far as football goes, this Smyrna kid may have been somebody they believe has more potential than Jordan or is soebody that fits a mold better than Jordan.

Just my .02$

The kid runs a low 48 400 and a low 21 200 - if that's not a D1 track prospect then something is wrong. If UT can get a lot better athletes, then get them because their sprinters have not been dominant in the last couple years. They score in the field events, decathlon, 800, and sparingly in the 4x400.

No, he runs a high 48 400m and a high 21, low 22 200m FAT. There are probably at least a 120 guys all across this country that can do that.

I'm not trying to disagree with you and i will say this: I never saw the Johnson kid run at the state track meet and I never heard of a kid from Tennessee runnign a 10.4 100m. That will have placed at AAU Nationals this year. I follow track pretty religously and I have never heard of this kid doing any of what the paper said he could. As far as I'm concerned, Jordan is a much better track athlete and is more deserving than this Johnson kid to run track at UT.

Edited by BHSfootball

I'm not trying to disagree with you and i will say this: I never saw the Johnson kid run at the state track meet and I never heard of a kid from Tennessee runnign a 10.4 100m. That will have placed at AAU Nationals this year. I follow track pretty religously and I have never heard of this kid doing any of what the paper said he could. As far as I'm concerned, Jordan is a much better track athlete and is more deserving than this Johnson kid to run track at UT.

Well maybe he is not there for track, possibly just football. Anyways, could this Jeffers kid be better/faster than the AAA 100m champion.

The state Record in the 100 meters is 10.50. so the kid from smryna and rainer and johson did not run the state record.Jeffers ran a 10.7 in the 100. Jeffers ran 21.66 200 meters in the prelims at the Vol classic. (Computer timing of course) Which is around 10.4 or 10.5 in the 100 low 21' s hand timed which is smokin fast. thats against the best from the south. He is fast and legit.

Bottom line Ut tries to keep up with the Jones the Wrong way, and it s hitting them where it hurts.

THEY DON T RECRUIT LOCAL PRODUCTS

CARL STEWART AUBURN

BRANDON PEE WEE FANNEY ALABAMA

JOHN BOWLES PENN STATE

THE LIST GOES ON FOREVER

ITS RIDICULOUS!

Come on Doc Gonzo. We are talking about Johnson and Jeffers, and you come in with Rainer and Jabari Greer. You might as well have said "Remember, one time at band camp."

You goob, I was replying to a post that was relevant to the 100m times. And James Rainer DID run a 10.3, but was at a Regional track meet, and not the State track meet, sorry.

As for Cassen Jackson, UT made the right decision on him. I wasn't thoroughly impressed with him, mainly his fearfulness of contact. Maryville beat him up pretty bad, and they're not really known for being a hard hitting squad. I would have went after Jeff Jennings before anyone in the area.