Name top five teams in 2004-05

Sidetrain

The reclassification is for 2005-2009.  The enrollment #s the T$$AA will be using are posted on the T$$AA.org web site.  By Nov 18 everything will have been decided.

The Herald-Citizen did the numbers (including the 1.8 multifier for private schools) and concluded that Jackson Co. would be on the margin. Either one of the smallest AA schools or one of the largest A schools.  Maybe the deciding factor is how many Private schools go to Div II. :blink:

825292998[/snapback]

Looks like Jackson County will be in A after all. :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not heard that one. But it would be nice to see her play in TN. She handle the ball well. Her and the girl from Bradley Central (Jackie Pickel) did good at point for the 15's. I watched Jackie at the Shelbyville camp and she handle herself well.

We still have about 38 more days untill practice starts for basketball in HS. I'm sure we will hear more soon if all this is true.

AAA

East Tennessee

1. Oak Ridge - Jill Prudden will always find a way to be in the hunt in March. KeKe Stewart is one of the top two post players in the state and will carry this team to M'Boro, if they will follow.

2. Greeneville - Lynn Burkey will have his team ready to make another run at the State Title. He has his two best players back, Lyons and Manuel, so watch out.

3. Powell - Ogan and Holifield are two of the best inside players in the state but must find a PG to make another title run.

4. Jefferson County - 4 of the 5 starters are back on this well coached team. I look for them to be a contender this year.

sleepers: Heritage (Cait the Great), William Blount (Puleo), and Morristown West(alot of talent back from a solid team last year)

Southeast Middle

1. Shelbyville - You can never count the Eaglettes out in March. They lost alot of kids off last year team but have a new wave ready to start up this year. They will be led by Senior April Snipes and incoming 6'3 Freshman Alex Jarrell. Jarrell got the potential to be the next great post player out of Shelbyville.

2. Columbia - Alot of talent back from last year state tournament team. I look for big things out of this year team but do they have the leadership to pull them back to the state tournement? Can they get the "can't beat Shelbyville" saying out of their heads? Alot of question linger on this team but if they can't get through it then I look for them to be a contender again this year.

3. Cleveland - Same thing every year. Alot of talent but never get it done in big games. The past two years Cleveland has had more talent than anyone in the state outside of Shelbyville and have not made the state either year. If they can get some much needed leadership then maybe this can be their year.

4. Bradley Central - Bearettes will have a new look on the sidelines this year, with Jack leaving after last season and Brain steping in. Bradley will only go as far as Jackie Pickel takes them. Jackie has the ablity to carry them but the question out if they will follow her.

sleepers: Riverdale(well coached and Ann Marie Lanning), Coffee County(very good summer and alot of talent back from last year), and Cookeville(slow down game will beat someone when it counts)

Northwest Middle

1. Mt. Juliet - This could be one of the better teams in MJ history. They have it all from post players to really good shooters on the wings. The only down fall this team has is a kid with the ablity to break you down off the dribble. I look for MJ to be in M'Boro playing Saturday Night for the State Title.

2. Wilson Central - The legendary Brandons are back for another year. They have the ablity to give MJ all they want. They key to WC winning the school first stae title, is the for Gassie to be more consistant and the young post players to stick the ball in the hole early and often. I think WC has a team that can bring the Gold Ball home with them and also Bud a chance to get a gold ball faster than Campbell. :rolleyes:

sleepers: Clarksville Northeast(well coached and alot of talent back from last year substate team), Hillsboro(Jessica Mooney) and Antioch(could very easily make a state tournament run if they can find some help in the post)

West Tennessee

1. Craigmont - AAA state runner up last year. With the two top Seniors in the State on the floor together 99% of the time, makes this team very scary. I think Craigmont has the most talent in the state and give credit where credit is due, Coach Anderson does a really good job with these ladies. If the season started today I would put them as the State Champs.

2. Dyersburg - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Coffman gets Dyersburg to the Boro this year. They are still young at times with 5 sophmores on the floor together but the man can coach and he will find a way to get them to the Boro. If they can get there then everyone better watch out cause the 6'4 sophmore post player can flat out play.

sleepers: Ridgeway(very good young talent), Jackson Northside(Sha Brooks), and Memphis Kirby(Alexis Givands)

huck;

my bad. i guess i was just wishing. i knew it was on the 1st but missed it by a month

1st practice date is Monday November 1st

showtime7;

i guess i was not watching very well then. ha ha. but the girl from kentucky was good at point and i told you it was nice watching her play and hoping my little one will be that good someday at point

Edited by Sidetrain

I'm sure in single A Clarkrange and Clay County will be tough. In West Tn. Trenton, USJ, Gleason, Dresden, South Fulton, all have a good chance at advancing to State. Dresden,Gleason, and South Fulton are all in the same District.USJ has an easy time getting to substate.Gleason beat Chester County, Columbia Central(AAA State Tourny), and Dyer County last year. Dresdens Bailey is healthy and they will be good.

Edited by 202003

I coached against Bradley Central last year (3 games) and without a transfer that I'm not aware of their team this year will not even be the second or third most talented team in that district. The talent level is down. Pickel is a great player, but her supporting cast is nowhere near what it has been in the past. This is really a year for the new coach there to show what he can do, because the team will rely on the coaching alot this year.

Edited by therickbol

showtime.... concerning powell..i agree with the fact ogan and hollifield are the class of east tn!!!.

as for pg...powell has 2 very capapble pgs in brittaney bartley and courtney cox!

not to mention lindsey hass and alana michaels

i just hope a certain asst coach doesnt make basketball unbearable for the girls

we have allready lost some future starters because it wasnt fun anymore!!!!!!

todays kids are smart.......if your an athlete capable of playing many sports why put up with junk?

again congrats on the championship.............in the words of the girls.

way to represent!

I coached against Bradley Central last year (3 games) and without a transfer that I'm not aware of their team this year will not even be the second or third most talented team in that district. The talent level is down. Pickel is a great player, but her supporting cast is nowhere near what it has been in the past. This is really a year for the new coach there to show what he can do, because the team will rely on the coaching alot this year.

825313446[/snapback]

I wonder how you did in those games.