uppercumberland teams

badblood

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still not convinced we (Cookeville) have anything to brag about yet. I hear a lot of talk but have seen no evidence of anything. Everyone talks about the new offense-I have heard that for years and it's still 3 up the middle and punt. Grind it out and hope that we are in it in the 4th quarter and maybe we can come out with a win.

I believe the offensive and defensive line are suspect-so we better throw the ball and move out of the pocket. Cookeville has not had great team speed in several years.

Sparta is huge but I am not sure of their team speed. I know trhey lost their quarterback and running back to graduation so I am not sure about them.

Crossville is always competitive.

sparta and crossville will be a war. Bad blood from the sparta side makes this game interesting. sparta hates crossville and it all stems from the thrashing crosville put on sparta 2 years ago 58-0 ( no points in the 4th quarter and only 17 in the third, one by the 2nd team defense, but coach brown says they ran up the score on them.) but any way Cookeville will beat them both. probably beat sparta by at least 14 and crossville will be close.

Badblood what have you specifically heard good about Cookeville?

bad about crossville?

Edited by theobserver

Well Cookeville high will have a better running game then people think.

speed I think this year will be better thanlast couple.

there freshman froma couple of years ago will be jrs and they had a lot of talent

Crossville I don't know much.A friend told me that their numbers where down alot.

but they had good people coming back, running game should be the key.

passing wasn't very good.with crossville you never know.

Sparta well they loss good skill people.They have alot of lineman coming back

overall team speed is better than Cookeville and crossville but they can't seem to find

away to win against either team.I dont think Crossville hates Sparta because its not

a region game and Sparta has loss so many to them.

I think Cookeville vs Crossville is the better match up Crossville needs to win this year

or this series is going to get onesided fast

Go Cavs:)

Cookeville will be excellent this year. they have questions at line but they finally have a niced skilled player attack with the juniors having experience now. they will throw more but of course cookeville will never stop running.

Crossville will be ok but not make the playoffs. 2 years ago was their best chance to beat cookeville for a while.

Sparta will be just that, bad sparta. Lowery was their only chance to beat cookeville and by the last minute heroics of cookeville it showed that sparta just won't beat cookeville for a while.

but good luck to all miracles happen, thats what it will take for sparta to win.

Cookeville comes to Sparta on August 27, Week 1.

Cumberland County comes to Sparta on September 24, Week 5.

Hmm, you would think that they would stagger these games so we would get one home and one away each year. Never noticed that before.

Did the Warrior Freshman beat Cookeville last year? :unsure: I don't pay much attention, sadly.

I don't think we'll be bad. Just not all that good. 4 or 5 wins should be about right.