MBA vs. Trinity

D2FANN

I went to bluegrasspreps.com the other day, check out what Kentucky is saying about the game.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=42390

Last year: MBA 17 TRINITY 13.

Trinity is out for revenge this year, and its on their turf.

What do ya'll think about the upcoming showdown? predictions? thoughts? comments?

Edited by D2FANN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about rollredroll? He's a member there...any chance of inviting Rockmom et al to tell us about parking and lodgings?

825290583[/snapback]

I'll send out a request on BGP when I get home tonight. The Trinity fans are very helpful and responsive and are probably more than happy to provide info on parking, hotels, etc.

Hey, all!

I heard info was needed! I'll post it on the other site, but I think I'm the only Trinity poster on Coacht, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

rollredroll, sorry I didn't see this earlier!

Parking....Trinity is in the heart of St. Matthews, in Louisville. Parking will be tight, as on campus parking is pretty sparse. Luckily, the game is on a Saturday evening and there are some businesses nearby that will be closed and parking will be available. The residential streets near the stadium usually handle quite a bit of overflow parking as well.

Not sure how they feel about it, but Trinity's neighbors seem to be OK with the parking in their neighborhoods. We had several home games last year that filled the stadium to capacity, with literally, standing room only.

Hotels....Now, THAT is my forte, as I work in a hotel in Louisville.

The closest hotels to St. Matthews are the Best Western on Brownsboro Road @ I-264, and the Breckinridge Inn, at Breckingridge Lane & I-264. St. Matthews is about 15 minutes from Downtown Louisville, where there are several upscale hotels, as well as a Clarion and Courtyard by Marriott. The Hurstbourne Area is about 10 minutes from St. Matthews via I-64 & I-264 and offers a Marriott, Clarion, and Holiday Inn.

In the Hurstbourne Lane/Shelbyville Road area there is a new Embassy Suites, and a Springhill Suites. Since Trinity is on Shelbyville Road, it's a good option to consider that area. The Hurstbourne area is FILLED with dining options, as is St. Matthews.

If anyone would like more detailed information, just post here, or you can e-mail me @ rockmom16@yahoo.com, and I'll be happy to help in any way possible!