Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

I dont live in tennessee anymore so i dont really know whats goin on, but i was wondering if the Chatt. Central Ooltewah rivalry was still alive. I graduated from Central in '04.

Yes it still goes on. I guess. I mean Central has been blown away by them the past two years. We beat them either the year before, or the year before that. which would have been '03 or '04. But I mean it's still the game to go watch, but Central has not put up a fight the past two years.

Yes it still goes on. I guess. I mean Central has been blown away by them the past two years. We beat them either the year before, or the year before that. which would have been '03 or '04. But I mean it's still the game to go watch, but Central has not put up a fight the past two years.

Well just to be honest Central hasnt put up a fight in the past three years and 4 years ago they did beat Ooltewah and beat Ooltewah pretty bad but even before they beat Ooltewah four years ago it has been pretty bad for central. Five years ago Blake Foster would have broken the all time single game rushing yards against them if he didnt get pulled at the start of the 4th quarter, and he was playing QB

Here's a few old rivalries that come to mind:

Bearden vs. Farragut (How the West Was Won)

Oak Ridge vs. Farragut (pretty one sided in results but still a rivalry)

Dobyns Bennett vs. Science Hill (old school battle of the Tri Cities)

Daniel Boone vs. Davy Crockett (the Musket Bowl is a big game)

Oak Ridge vs. Clinton (battle of Anderson County)

Maryville vs. Alcoa (big vs. little but two great teams)

McCallie vs. Baylor (Chattanooga Private School Battle)

Loudon vs. Lenoir City (don't know if they still play but it used to be a big game)

Oak Ridge vs. Dobyns Bennett (two great traditional powers)

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to go with the now extinct gatlinburg pittman-seymour rivalry. For years this game decided region1-3a, and talk about bad blood. The schools are only allowed to compete in golf, cc, and freshman basketball now. About 6 years back an all out brawl broke out between the 2 at a seymour-cosby basketball. THe 2 continued to play until GP dropped to 2a. The scrimmaged as recently 2 springs ago when another sideline clearing brawl broke out.

i wouldn't say that the riverdale-lincoln county rivalry is the best now. if you want a bad blood rivalry, the riverdale-blackman game is tops in this area. these two teams hate each other with a passion. the riverdale-oakland game is still huge, but its more of a mutual respect rivalry than a hatred rivalry.

I Have to say that Blackman-Siegel has a little more bad blood than Blackman-Riverdale: Especially this year as this game could determine the Blaze's playoff life and whether or not Siegel goes winless.