Campbell Co. Football

CampbellCo.man84

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed reading the posts on here by you gentlemen. I know how cougar football is and always will be unless there is ever a coach who can get in the hallways and recruit the talent walking the hallways instead of depending on the lesser athletes to get them through the year. I know what kind of talent they have this year and also know there are still more talent probably walking the halls than still playing football. Kudos to the coaching staff for the two 1 win seasons and the one 3 win season. I also know enough about the game and this county that defense was the only thing that kept that team afloat last year, and a couple of lucky plays on offense. Would love to see a reply to this from one of you guys.

LAter

I have enjoyed reading the posts on here by you gentlemen.  I know how cougar football is and always will be unless there is ever a coach who can get in the hallways and recruit the talent walking the hallways instead of depending on the lesser athletes to get them through the year.  I know what kind of talent they have this year and also know there are still more talent probably walking the halls than still playing football.  Kudos to the coaching staff for the two 1 win seasons and the one 3 win season.  I also know enough about the game and this county that defense was the only thing that kept that team afloat last year, and a couple of lucky plays on offense.  Would love to see a reply to this from one of you guys.

LAter

825300764[/snapback]

you are right! there are a few kids walking the halls that can help this team.

but it is hard to recruit them with 3 week before the start of the season...too let these kids on the team would not help because they would be so far behind.

I agree the defense did keep them in games last year and the offense was AWOL!

it had alot to do with inexperiance with some of the kids..this year it will be different, their entire backfield will be faster and more athletic!

you can already see a difference in this team, they want to win and they work hard at it.

Everybody will see a differance in game 1, remember they need to take 1 game at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb thumb

couGAR NATION 76: It has been my experience watching Campbell Co. from a distance that very few of the coaches in the past 20 years have taken the approach that you must mildly badger and ego pump some kids to get them out to play football in an area that is socio-economically disadvantaged as we are here in an 8 to 10 county area of E. Tn & KY. Most coaches who come from areas where the work ethic is different ( for example middle Ohio) think in a "field of dreams", offer it and they will come. But in an area where the parental influence is either missing altogether, neglectful, or apathetic to the needs of their kids, the coaches must take on a "second daddy" role and recruit them out. Some coaches think that is beneath them or the kids are not worth going after- WRONG! I worked on a kid two years once till I got him out the spring of his sophomore year, he learned his jr. year and became a starter on O & D line. He was later recruited and started at Def. End in the first college game he ever saw live.

couGAR NATION 76:  It has been my experience watching Campbell Co. from a distance that very few of the coaches in the past 20 years have taken the approach that you must mildly badger and ego pump some kids to get them out to play football in an area that is socio-economically disadvantaged as we are here in an 8 to 10 county area of E. Tn & KY.  Most coaches who come from areas where the work ethic is different ( for example middle Ohio) think in a "field of dreams", offer it and they will come.  But in an area where the parental influence is either missing altogether, neglectful, or apathetic to the needs of their kids, the coaches must take on a "second daddy" role and recruit them out.  Some coaches think that is beneath them or the kids are not worth going after- WRONG!  I worked on a kid two years once till I got him out the spring of his sophomore year, he learned his jr. year and became a starter on O & D line.  He was later recruited and started at Def. End in the first college game he ever saw live.

825300946[/snapback]

very true possumcop! thumb