Ricky Williams Retires

Guest Oakland

Guest Oakland

breaking news from miami, apparently they dont have all the details on why he retired, but would like some thoughts on how you u guys feel about it?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's widely known Ricky is wired differently from most athletes. He marches to a different drummer. Sometimes decisions don't make sense to the public but you never know what demons or new desires weigh in heavily for an athlete to make a decision like that. I say, good luck Ricky for whatever reason. Maybe he's burned out. Maybe he's decided there is life without football. Maybe he's a better marketing man than we give him credit for (a bigger contract maybe?) Or, maybe Ricky can't make sober decisions..........get my drift? Whatever, life and football will go on. :D

Its sad that Miami has to deal with this though. Immagine if Steve McNair all of a sudden retired (well atleast we have a back up who has showed he is capable). Going from Ricky Williams to Travis Minor is like going from a bently to a chevy. He should have let them know a month or so ago so they would have time to prepare for it. I do understand what Williams is saying though, hes probably been playing football since age 6 and thats all hes ever known. All I can say is good luck to both sides and I sure hope James goes to Miami.

I'm sad that Ricky decided to retire after just 5 years but I'm happy for him that he had the guts to do it. From his very first pro interview where he wore his helmet everybody knew he was different and did stuff his way, not the way you're expected to do stuff. I was watching PTI yesterday and they said that he wanted to go on tour with Lenny Kravitz, go to Asia (might not of been Asia, I can't really remember) to learn a different language, and become a teacher. I don't really care about the Lenny Kravitz part but I do hope he becomes a teacher and fullfills all of his other goals he has. Wouldn't it be awesome to walk into 8th grade History and your teacher be Ricky Williams? :D:o

Well, Most 8th graders would have no idea who Ricky Willliams is by the time he got his degree and all that fun stuff, lol. But i understand what your saying. My opinion....I think he is burnt out. I have seen and heard about people doing this that have done the same activitey ever since they were little. Just like Barry Sanders....he got tired of just playing football...talking about it, thinking about it, dealing with the media...he had enough. Might be the same situation....