Tennessee Pre-Season Top 10

D2FANN

Yes, that is what he was doing right Wes?

825294430[/snapback]

Oh, of course I was...I can't believe you actually thought I put them in twice! After all, Riverdale is the best football team ever and their superiority should never be questioned, especially by the sinister private schools and their hired recruiters. ;);)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine:

1. MBA

2. BA

3. Riverdale

4. Germantown

5. Dobyns-Bennett

6. Gallatin

7. Maryville

8. McCallie

9. Antioch

10. Centennial

On the verge...Oak Ridge, A-E, CBHS

I noticed alot of people are picking MUS to be up there, but they need to prove themselves a little more, in my opinion.  Beating CBHS would be a good start.

825294436[/snapback]

BRD, you think that MBA will still be on top despite heavy losses? Who do you see as the key difference-makers who will keep the Big Red at the helm?

I agree about MUS...they have the experience and maturity to be really good, but they've failed to fulfill their reputation recently.

BRD, you think that MBA will still be on top despite heavy losses?  Who do you see as the key difference-makers who will keep the Big Red at the helm?

I agree about MUS...they have the experience and maturity to be really good, but they've failed to fulfill their reputation recently.

825294438[/snapback]

Well, Wes, like you, I am a little biased towards my alma mater ;) . Having said that, I still feel like the Big Red will be on top again this year. I really don't think the overall losses were that bad. We've had years like this before and done just fine. The glaring loss and question mark is, of course, the quarterback position. If we can solidify that spot, which I think we will, we'll be looking good. This team will play typical MBA football, i.e. they won't beat themselves and they'll out smart the other team. I'm that confident in the system and the coaching staff. Some of the difference makers are going to be Birdsong(actually the whole o-line is going to be very good), Ryan Burns, Hughes Tipton, Matt Bubis, and Pilkerton. There are also some juniors that played significantly last year who are ready to break out i.e., Carney, Brown, Snyder, Prevost, etc.

My question to Wes is how can you put Alcoa over Fulton and AE... Fulton is reloading this year and Tyrone Cobb is back, they have 3 strong Qb's and a great backfield... Fulton's defense will still be one of the tops in the state no matter who starts... And AE is returning Harris and McAllister, 2 of the best in the state... So in my opinion they are easily in the top 10 in the state...

My question to Wes is how can you put Alcoa over Fulton and AE... Fulton is reloading this year and Tyrone Cobb is back, they have 3 strong Qb's and a great backfield... Fulton's defense will still be one of the tops in the state no matter who starts... And AE is returning Harris and McAllister, 2 of the best in the state... So in my opinion they are easily in the top 10 in the state...

Let me ask a question--is this supposed to be the best team at the beginning of the season or is it a prediction as to who will be the best at the end of the season? For example, I would parobably put MBA 3 or 4 for early season but probably put them at 2 if I am predicting for year end. That probably applies to some other teams as well

My question to Wes is how can you put Alcoa over Fulton and AE...  Fulton is reloading this year and Tyrone Cobb is back, they have 3 strong Qb's and a great backfield...  Fulton's defense will still be one of the tops in the state no matter who starts...  And AE is returning Harris and McAllister, 2 of the best in the state...  So in my opinion they are easily in the top 10 in the state...

825294449[/snapback]

I didn't put Alcoa, AE, and Fulton in my rankings at all; in fact, I specifically stated that I didn't think they deserved to be in the top 10. Check my orig post.

That boy, Wes.  I agree with you that non of those teams deserve to be in the top ten.  In fact, I don't think any 3A team deseves to be in there.

825294477[/snapback]

Well tell me why no one believes that any 3A team deserves to be there... Fulton and AE have as much talent as any team in the state... Fulton and AE have players that are as good or better than 95 percent of the teams in the state... In my opinion, Fulton and AE both deserve to be in the top 10 because they are 2 of the most athletic, skilled, and balanced teams in the state and they can compete with any team that any of you have ranked in your top 10...

Tell me JC, why not this year...  They would both whoop up on Jefferson Co....

825294488[/snapback]

Why not? Because the best teams in 3A don`t even compare to middle teams in 5A,and the top teams in 4A.They are not in the same league,so they should not be in the same top 10. Its like putting Carson Newman,and Valdosta State University in the same top 10 as Miami,and Michigan. While Carson Newman,and Valdosta State University are very good in their class they don`t compare.