murfreesboro football and Region 4-5A in gen.

BigWesHall

Well since robjim had to close riverdale, I decided to broaden the subject matter.

had anyone watched a rhs practice this week, when they practice i'm either on the track or at work, What did the regions team test results look like?

Whats happening in Lavergne, Wilson cen. and siegal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna

Really only able to evaluate the skill positons due to no pads.

Lots of very talented receivers with excellent speed some young ones that really look good but as you know it all changes when the pads go on.

We better get good quick since we play 4 top ten teams in the first 6 weeks.

Potential to be one of the best Smyrna teams in years certainly the deepest and fastest.

Scrimmages with Coffee County, Franklin and I believe I heard

Chattanooga Tyner?

3 wks from tommorrow it all starts

Good update Cat....

Looks like I won't be able to catch a Riverdale practice until next Friday's scrimmage with MBA. Hopefully, someone will give as update on new faces and new places before then. I'm interested in what number Hartsfield will wear, his size, and if he is ready to play at this level. I know there is at least one other transfer as well. Typically, it takes transfers a while to adjust to the speed and intensity of practices at the 'Dale.

As usual, the team is going to have great numbers out. They will begin the fall two-deep in somey areas. However, there are other spots where starters and depth must be found.

This year's team, much like last year's, will not be as big as many of the teams they play.

The Riverdale-Smyrna game in week two is going to be a playoff atmosphere. I just can't wait for that one.

Good idea starting this thread Wes. It would be great to keep all the Region 5 stuff together through the pre-season.

Guest region4fan

Oakland starts camp next week, until teachers have to report on Thurs.....how dare them cut our camp short with SCHOOL????????????????

I will try to give you updates on that front. Before I see them, it would all be speculation at this point. But I can tell you that this group of kids is larger than last years by about 25 kids and they are so pumped, primed, and ready to HIT!!!

Go Big Patriots! We are 100% behind you!

BTW, what happened to Riverdale06??

BigWesHall, Blackman has had a good week of practice. Here's there schedule for August:

Aug. 6: work day with Shelbyville, Warren County, and Pearl Cohn at BHS

Aug. 10: work day with Stratford and Brentwood Academy at BHS

Aug. 13: scrimage vs. Franklin County

Aug. 20: jamboree at Ravenwood

Aug. 27: time to suit up. week 1 vs. Lincoln County at BHS

region4fan, Oakland2001, Slim589, RIVERDALE, rhshasbeen66, and 82Cat

My family is taking a little mini vacation this weekend and I'm leaving in a couple hours. I won't be on here this weekend but I'll be back Monday or Tuesday night. Keep me updated and I hope to hear from yall soon.

bhsOL

since they are in no pads, my riverdale scouting report is much like cat's report of smyrna. loads of athletes that will all see action at the skill positions, but from what i saw of the o-line, they are soaking up the knowledge very well. can't wait for next week, when the helmets get strapped on and wills get tested. that's when you weed out the men from the boys.

Aug. 6: work day with Shelbyville, Warren County, and Pearl Cohn at BHS

Aug. 10: work day with Stratford and Brentwood Academy at BHS

Aug. 13: scrimage vs. Franklin County

Aug. 20: jamboree at Ravenwood

Aug. 27: time to suit up. week 1 vs. Lincoln County at BHS

Blackman's getting a work-out!!!

I'd almost be scared they are putting too much on their platter.

region4fan, I had been gone at my moms house and never had a chance to get online. My mom is who i live with and when i'm over there i can't get on so i will go for periods were i will be on alot and then not on at all. they funny thing is that my dad lives in Smyrna and alot of Smyrna football players the last few years always say there gonna beat us but i just tell them good luck if thats what they think cuz there gonna need it. but anyways....

TDCman, what time does the Riverdale scrimmage on friday start? cuz i will definetly be there

Edited by Riverdale06