Riverdale vs. MBA

painintheknee

AintSkeerd59

we had to many parents on the field interferring with the refs and MBA coaches... okay come on now think about this where was evryone suppose to stand there was 400 people there all on 1 side and there was MBA people standin up there to and people weren't like on the field they was on the sidelines. and so what, atleast people wanted to come watch the scrimmage.

and the dudes wearin the yellow jerseys its not like they didn't know people were still gonna tackle them. its football its a contact sport what else is suppose to happen? maybe the people in the yellow jerseys should have just sat out of the scrimmage if everone was gonna complain about.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the officials needed to be a little quicker with the whistle to protect the MBA QBs. I would rather not have the yellow jerseys but I certainly understand why with so many injuries already.

MBA's first team defense is excellent.

Both teams still have a lot of preparation to do. I saw a lot of experimenting with different lineups, partucularly defensive lineups, by Riverdale yesterday.

Link to the DNJ story on the scrimmage:

Riverdale v MBA

You nailed it TDCman. The scary thing to me is that both teams are just going to get better.

I don't like the yellow jerseys either, but if they are part of the scrimmage, then we should honor that. My only real problem with it is when MBA called a screen pass. The very nature of that play is to let the defense get to the QB. Once the Riverdale boys got a full head of steam, it doesn't seem right to expect them not to hit somebody. Just glad no one was injured in the scrimmage. MBA has already had its problems with injury, and Riverdale doesn't need anyone to go down.

I agree that #47 for MBA was a fine looking player, and not just on offense.

Riverdale is very deep at the skill positions, but it seems that our DBs usually start off slow and then become solid by year end. The defense for the Warriors has the potential to be awesome.

Enjoyed the scrimmage, and enjoyed talking to a couple of the MBA fans.

I dont feel bad about our boys hitting there QB's at all. We didnt wear any yellow jerseys (looked like a bunch of lance armstrongs out there). And plus what made me mad was on our first score. Dave Thomas intercepted a pass and took it back 50 yards for the score, he was already in the endzone and threw the ball over his shoulder and i believe it was #20, he just tackled him from behind for no reason. Dave had no idea the hit was coming and could have really got hurt. And on MBA's only score, if it were not for the yellow jerseys he would have been sacked, that isnt an excuse for the pittiful coverage on that play but it should have been a sack.

I've talked with several people that were there and read through all the posts on here and it seems like everyone has a slightly different take on the scrimmage. Unfortunately, having not been able to make it to the scrimmage, I can't really bring my own take to this subject. However, here are some of the common themes that I've taken from everyone:

1. Riverdale is good. Probably going to win 5A. They are athletic, as usual. Everyone says the QB is a player.

2. MBA's injuries are hurting them.

3. MBA does not have the depth that they've enjoyed the last few years.

4. MBA's QB has talent, but he's young and inexperienced...and only 5'9".

5. MBA's d-line held their own. This is encouraging, especially with Tipton out.

6. MBA lacks a true senior leader. With a soph. QB and Burns out, maybe Pilkerton will step up.

MBA looks like a team that will take some time to come together. With uncertainties at key positions it takes time for guys to get comfortable.

Also, I was told that Tipton and Snyder should be back after the Trinity game.

I've talked with several people that were there and read through all the posts on here and it seems like everyone has a slightly different take on the scrimmage. Unfortunately, having not been able to make it to the scrimmage, I can't really bring my own take to this subject. However, here are some of the common themes that I've taken from everyone:

1. Riverdale is good. Probably going to win 5A. They are athletic, as usual. Everyone says the QB is a player.

2. MBA's injuries are hurting them.

3. MBA does not have the depth that they've enjoyed the last few years.

4. MBA's QB has talent, but he's young and inexperienced...and only 5'9".

5. MBA's d-line held their own. This is encouraging, especially with Tipton out.

6. MBA lacks a true senior leader. With a soph. QB and Burns out, maybe Pilkerton will step up.

MBA looks like a team that will take some time to come together. With uncertainties at key positions it takes time for guys to get comfortable.

Also, I was told that Tipton and Snyder should be back after the Trinity game.

That's a good assumption, and I agree with everything you said. But I would like to add I think MBA is going to be fine. I really think that the scrimmage was the best public school (this year) and the best private school (this year). I look for both teams to be playing in December.

RRR, thanks for the updates...I'm officially "out of the loop" as my "source" graduated last year...just realized that I planned my family vacation the week of the Trinity game!! I live not far away but I thought it was the weekend before labor day and not 2 weeks before! ugggh!

oh well, not reading too much into the score of a scrimmage...don't think it's a coincidence that these 2 coaches have lots of hardware and seek these types of scrimmages year after year...