Region 1/5a Who Puts the D in Defense

IndianTackle

year in year out Science Hill has tremendous athletes. They have put some awesome defenses on the field. It seems that they tend to lose focus as the year goes on. Jeff Co. and D-B have been quite unkind to the Topper D the last few years.

Bearden's defense was very fast last year and brought the lumber. I remember a lot of very physical hits during that game. I have no doubt that they will be ready by Sept 3. Too many good athletes and too much community pride down there. I believe that Bearden will pose a serious defensive threat.

Also, Sevier County has fallen on tough times for a year or two. I look for those big bad Bears to be a little more aggressive than in the recent past. Coach Brewer is not one to sit around and take a woopin' and not respond.

Karns played so well last year against us, I can't see them falling off very much. From talking to some of the combatants, the Karns line was very strong and very smart. A win like that can have a confidence effect that could last for awhile.

Defense is the key to success in H.S. Not every player at this level is equiped to make split second decisions and reads to beat you if your defense is solid. As the defenses in Reg. 1 become more sophistcated... I look forward to the offensive changes that we will see to overcome the new looks. Should be a great year.

I know what the stats said, but I also saw the team on the field and wasn't impressed with the "Hill's" defense last year...Bearden did a real good job defensively against us (D-;) last year, but, it was before Duran understood what he was doing...but the Bulldog defense was very good against us - period.

BHS, you all will be a solid defense again this year...keep up the good attitude and put it on the field...but, hey, our DBs did a pretty good job against you all last year, too...I remember a big pass breakup by our SS in the first half on a third and 7 (or so)- pass was intended for your TE (along the homestands sideline)...plus a sack by our SS on your last drive and then he picked off the pass to end the game...pretty complete D last year (3 of D-B's DBs made first team All Big East)

Our "D" will be tough again this year and I agree with KptVol about Bearden, Sevier County, and (possibly) Karns (they loose alot off of that defensive line)...but, the Hill? boy I don't know...Jeff county is always tough, guarantee South Doyle will be better (best looking bunch of athletes- size, etc - that we saw last year, just didn't ever show up to play...they will show up this year), Campbell County plays hard...

Week 0 is almost here...who is ready?

Roll Tribe Roll