Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Sequatchie

South Pittsburg actually beat Bledsoe 20-0.  The Jamboree was a pretty good one Grundy looked good as well as Marion and South PittsburgSouth Pittsburg definitely gets the nod as the best at the jamboree with Grundy in 2nd.  The quarterback for South Pittsburg (which is the fastest back in the valley) looked real good throwing the ball.  The whole corp of receivers not just Robinson are good.  The freshman tailback (#24) to me looked better than the senior (#5). I was impressed with Grundy's team as a whole and I think they will do well in their region.  Marion needs some discipline also they are out of shape they are improved over last years team they should do better this season than last.

825304023[/snapback]

I agree with SVCfan. South Pittsburg will get even better as the year goes one. In the years of football I have seen the Sequatchie Valley, I don't think I have ever seen such an undisciplined Jasper football team. The new head coach has alot of work to do. A few ejections of Jasper players would probably do them a world of good.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with SVCfan.  South Pittsburg will get even better as the year goes one.  In the years of football I have seen the Sequatchie Valley, I don't think I have ever seen such an undisciplined Jasper football team.  The new head coach has alot of work to do.  A few ejections of Jasper players would probably do them a world of good.

825304029[/snapback]

This is so funny it is outrageous. I know the Lodge is in South Pittsburg but you folks in southern Marion County should not point fingers about undisciplined players. It is like the pot calling the kettle black in my opionion. At least our coaches never cussed your players when they got close to the sidelines. Vic is showing his true class by cussing the Marion County players after #32 went down with an injury.

I live in Joejuh, so I have been out of the loop a little on Tenn. HS football. Can someone tell me why the jamboree is so early this year? It was usually scheduled the week before the opening week of games.

On another note, I really hope WHS isn't as bad as people are saying here.

I might be willing to wager a little on the Jasper/South Pitt game. I will take So. Pitt straight up. It is at home and thats a advantage for the Pirates. Both teams have alot of other tough games though before they meet. When do they play? Week 5, 6, pr 7? I walked up and down beside the wall and I never heard Coach Vic cussing Jasper players. What I did see was a few Jasper players talking to our coaches. As for what they said I do not know, but they seemed to be talking a little smack to the S.P. coaches.

Your correct, the Jamboree is early this year. Some teams play week zero this year or teams in their region play in week zero and they wanted to see them play. Therefore, the jamboree was moved up a week. Furthermore, This was not suppose to be a fight between me and sequatchie and I wasnt trying to say Whitwell was going to be state champs. I just was giving facts that Whitwell has not moved the football in a Jamboree or won a Jamboree quarter in the last four years but has had a winning season. I am a fan of the VALLEY, and want to see all valley teams do well. That's a statement to the state about Sequatchie Valley football. In the end, a jamboree helps coaches see their players and what will best benefit the team when the season starts. Alot of different players played different positions for all the teams, this is called coaching. Finding the best player for a given situation.

south pitt will NOT beat marion this year. its my little guarentee of the year. heck grundy might even beat south pitt.

825304093[/snapback]

While S. Pitt will not win their region, you are right, they won't beat Jasper they will run all over them.

It's a compliiment to Whitwell that Sequatchie and SC Tribe are happy about the win. You're wrong about the scrimmages, Sequatchie played Notre Dame last week and has another next Friday  night. That's as many that have been played in past seasons. They wanted extra work, I'm sure, to help the new coach evaluate and let the new quarterback get more snaps. Sequatchie played backups on offense and defense against Lookout Valley. And even though it was a scrimmage, I would be embarassed to have another team gain 150 yards and run 25 plays in one quarter, and have my offense gain maybe 10 yards and no first downs, starters vs starters.

825303189[/snapback]

FYI Lookout Valley also played their JV against Sequatchie....

Isn't there a question about the eligibility of one of the players from South Pittsburg? I had heard awhile back that their only good player should be out for the season for grades, seems that he failed last year and also failed summer school too.

Funny how you can tell a SP post from anyother, they never say Marion...always Jasper

Isn't there a question about the eligibility of one of the players from South Pittsburg? I had heard awhile back that their only good player should be out for the season for grades, seems that he failed last year and also failed summer school too. 

Funny how you can tell a SP post from anyother, they never say Marion...always Jasper

825304264[/snapback]

Well, to some of us, Whitwell, Jasper, So Pitt are all Marion!