Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge 46 - Bearden 0

Oak Ridge dominated this scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 1st string defense did not give up a first down. The line continues to dominate and looking good. Linebackers did a great job as well. Spencer Gulmire ran very well. Jake Vane did great at fullback. Scott is doing a good job running the offense. We should be very balanced this year. We are a threat both with the run and the pass. The game was shortened due to lightening. Looking forward to Clinton next Thursday!

Hey WesVols!  What are your thoughts about the scrimmage?

825308307[/snapback]

Oak Ridge dominated the scrimmage in every aspect. It's hard to do much better than 33-0 at halftime and 47-0 late in the third. The Wildcats will field a fierce team this year, very fundamentally sound and talented. Bearden had a rough time offensively, but will kick it in gear once everyone is healthy and ready to go. One of their coaches said afterwards that Bearden seemed intimidated and just didn't get fired up to compete. That'll change come Week One.

Eric Pickle has a strong arm and good speed...if he and the backfield can work together with the offensive line, the offense will have success. The defense is young, and will improve as the season progresses...they certainly have potential.

Oak Ridge dominated the scrimmage in every aspect.  It's hard to do much better than 33-0 at halftime and 47-0 late in the third.  The Wildcats will field a fierce team this year, very fundamentally sound and talented.  Bearden had a rough time offensively, but will kick it in gear once everyone is healthy and ready to go.  One of their coaches said afterwards that Bearden seemed intimidated and just didn't get fired up to compete.  That'll change come Week One. 

Eric Pickle has a strong arm and good speed...if he and the backfield can work together with the offensive line, the offense will have success.  The defense is young, and will improve as the season progresses...they certainly have potential.

825308326[/snapback]

I thought Mr. Pickle was pretty motivated to play, however, I thought the offense didn't look together at all. I would be concerned about the defense, our receivers were wide open all night. Not exactly what Bearden would need against DB. I liked how number 11 ran with the ball, he should get more reps.