Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

redbird.......Up to this point this has been for the most part "light hearted" as far as both of our posts have gone. But if you are gonna use a quote from me, make sure you use all of it. If you want to talk about the new coverage in a positive light, go ahead, but don't look for me to, and don't use different parts of my posts put together to make your case. I would expect better than that from you.

Oh Now C'Mon VorEbs, don't get all out of sorts! :lol: Anyone that views this site and CAN READ will be able to tell WORD FOR WORD your previous quote from a few posts back.. No hard feelings, I know you still may be upset about the Cubs slowly fading down the stretch ;) but you know what they ALWAYS say in the Windy City "Wait till next year". This situation was in no way to misquote you or anyone else for that matter.. What puzzled me was back when this "NEW Format" was first introduced, it was established that the schools involved were still getting coverage for the football games.. But IMMEDIATELY, the rumors starting to fly and coaches from the area were informed that the games WERE NOT being covered anymore in any shape or form which is just simply NOT TRUE.. Obion Central and South Fulton, UC and others have had every game this season covered on the radio.. Now some may say it's not play by play BUT it's still coverage and that is what was told to myself when we started this and that is the fact that the schools would have coverage and they have had that! NOW, for those who have complained about not being able to hear the game when they are already at the game, just be thankful you can see it.. That's all that matters.. Others who are not able to attend could possibly listen to other stations if they are doing play by play and that's cool.. More coverage for the kids and that's great.. If you can't make it to Newbern this Friday to sit and listen to the play by play on the DC home radio station(which is tough to since it is on an AM band) then just tune into 104.9 FM for up to the date reports, highlights and recaps from the Rebels and Choctaws.. All the South Fulton faithful can do the same if you can't travel to Halls this week for the Red Devils contest with the Tigers.. It will be quite entertaining and nformative as always as we try to reflect the best of Ken-Tenn high school football in the area and DON"T Forget ole TN who can eat and read scores with the best of em'

Good Luck to all the Teams thumb

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the same old stuff coming from those folks at the radio stations in U.C. I've written them off in my mind & will never listen to them again and all So Fulton fans need to do the same thing. I hope that when basketball season gets here they are left out in the dark and not allowed in any gym in West Tennessee. Why have they asked to do Obion Co games and not So Fulton games. So Fulton has been more fun to watch in the last few years than Obion Co. :P

Wow! This thing is getting a life of its own - 21 pages and growing.

Well thank you for that thumb I first would like to thank the academy.. :P

825376443[/snapback]

I'am sorry redbird but i have yet to talked to anyone that listens to these "updates" and i have ask several that i know that once listen to the play by play and i was told by them that they would rather watch tv and then listen to the sports update on sat morning and here the coaches make their comments then. Not trying to be cruel here, just honest as best as i am aware of. They would take Danny back in a minute, no question ask, now i will admit these are people that cannot make it to the games (older people) and have in the past listen to the play by play for they had grandchildren playing. I have kept silence on this until i could get a wide view of how this would go over in the community, and as best as i can see--- IT HASN'T BEEN GOOD!!!

redbird.......Up to this point this has been for the most part "light hearted" as far as both of our posts have gone. But if you are gonna use a quote from me, make sure you use all of it. If you want to talk about the new coverage in a positive light, go ahead, but don't look for me to, and don't use different parts of my posts put together to make your case. I would expect better than that from you.

Oh Now C'Mon VorEbs, don't get all out of sorts! :lol: Anyone that views this site and CAN READ will be able to tell WORD FOR WORD your previous quote from a few posts back.. No hard feelings, I know you still may be upset about the Cubs slowly fading down the stretch :lol: but you know what they ALWAYS say in the Windy City "Wait till next year". This situation was in no way to misquote you or anyone else for that matter.. What puzzled me was back when this "NEW Format" was first introduced, it was established that the schools involved were still getting coverage for the football games.. But IMMEDIATELY, the rumors starting to fly and coaches from the area were informed that the games WERE NOT being covered anymore in any shape or form which is just simply NOT TRUE.. Obion Central and South Fulton, UC and others have had every game this season covered on the radio.. Now some may say it's not play by play BUT it's still coverage and that is what was told to myself when we started this and that is the fact that the schools would have coverage and they have had that! NOW, for those who have complained about not being able to hear the game when they are already at the game, just be thankful you can see it.. That's all that matters.. Others who are not able to attend could possibly listen to other stations if they are doing play by play and that's cool.. More coverage for the kids and that's great.. If you can't make it to Newbern this Friday to sit and listen to the play by play on the DC home radio station(which is tough to since it is on an AM band) then just tune into 104.9 FM for up to the date reports, highlights and recaps from the Rebels and Choctaws.. All the South Fulton faithful can do the same if you can't travel to Halls this week for the Red Devils contest with the Tigers.. It will be quite entertaining and nformative as always as we try to reflect the best of Ken-Tenn high school football in the area and DON"T Forget ole TN who can eat and read scores with the best of em'

Good Luck to all the Teams thumb

825376221[/snapback]

redbird....if you are trying to say that I went out and told that the station had cut off ALL coverage, your alittle late, some of your buddies beat you to it. But you like them are wrong. I only told the coaches what I was told by management, that the station was going to an update format, which would no longer include play by play. Nothing more nothing less. The funny thing is that this has not gone over well, and it always seems that those at the station want to blame it on me, or some other information that is not true. The truth is the listeners are smart people, and they can make up their own minds, without the station or me or anyone else telling them what to think. I think most have come to a conclusion about the update format. And no I'm not out of sorts, I just like to keep things clear, where I'm concerned.

GO REBELS!!!!!

Though it will not be the best of signals, I have monitored 1450 am on my headset inside The Pit during basketball season so I would think Rebel faithful in Troy & most other parts of Obion County will be able to pick up Charles Maxey & his crew with the play-by-play Friday night from The Reservation.

"The Pre-Game Meal", Friday Nights 6:30-7:00 on 97.7 & 101.3 fm

Though it will not be the best of signals, I have monitored 1450 am on my headset inside The Pit during basketball season so I would think Rebel faithful in Troy & most other parts of Obion County will be able to pick up Charles Maxey & his crew with the play-by-play Friday night from The Reservation.

"The Pre-Game Meal", Friday Nights 6:30-7:00 on 97.7 & 101.3 fm

825377355[/snapback]

Why don't all the stations that carry their local teams do like WENK does and provide a FM signal,one that only carries a mile or so,so that visiting teams can listen to their teams on the road??

Why don't all the stations that carry their local teams do like WENK does and provide a FM signal,one that only carries a mile or so,so that visiting teams can listen to their teams on the road??

825377550[/snapback]

That's not something that you find with your garden variety broadcast. The FM signal you speak of happened because of the generosity of a local wireless dealer. To make a long story short...it's fairly expensive.