Jefferson County @ Rhea County

andykellysfan

JC has indeed lost many of their great playmakers over the last 2 seasons and are back down to younger team at skill positions, but from the players I have talked to, the skill has been made up for in hard work during the off season. They have the guys up front who can push people out of the way and a fullback how can lay a hit.. I know... he dislocated my kneecap.. Both QB's have matured but could still use some work. I'm sure the coach will make the right decision, and I believe that my Pats will win this showdown.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC Fans,

Please don't start 2nd guessing Marty (QB Position) before the season get's started. Remember that he was a very good HS QB and was an excellent player on the defensive side of the ball for MTSU. He knows what it feels like to be a HS QB and if everyone will get out of his way the team will not only win but win big. Remember that just a few years ago Marty coach Oakland to a state championship. When was the last time that JC won a state championship?

JC Fans,

Please don't start 2nd guessing Marty (QB Position) before the season get's started.  Remember that he was a very good HS QB and was an excellent player on the defensive side of the ball for MTSU.  He knows what it feels like to be a HS QB and if everyone will get out of his way the team will not only win but win big.  Remember that just a few years ago Marty coach Oakland to a state championship.  When was the last time that JC won a state championship?

825315953[/snapback]

How are we 2nd guessing Marty on the choice for QB,when one hasn`t been made? I`m still trying to figure out where people get the idea that we are young this year,we are starting more seniors this year than we did last year.I`m looking forward to a great game in what....3 & 1\2 hrs.

Caleb Wilson is starting QB at Rhea Co? What happened to last years QB, did they move him to WR? I know he is a good athlete and that he didn't graduate. Who will be some of the other playmakers on offense and defense this year for Rhea Co.?

825316137[/snapback]

[/quote

Last years QB was Brad Hankins. He decided not to play this year for one reason or another.....one reason that I heard was to concentrate on baseball. Caleb Wilson is a sophmore who is not quite as athletic as Hankins but he is a much better passer and will be a better fit into the balanced offensive attack that Coach Hammontree has installed at Rhea. You will see quite a bit more passing in this years offense.

Bad news for Rhea County fans....Rhea is a little banged up coming into this one. They have been without the services of Justin Williams, Tim Curry and Justin Hilliard the last few weeks. I had been told that they would be back before the Jeff Co. game but I heard this morning that they would not be playing tonight and that one may be out for the year. OUCH!...that could hurt the eagles tonight.

Injuries are a part of the game......the eagles should recover.

Go eagles!!!! thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

How are we 2nd guessing Marty on the choice for QB,when one hasn`t been made? I`m still trying to figure out where people get the idea that we are young this year,we are starting more seniors this year than we did last year.I`m looking forward to a great game in what....3 & 1\2 hrs.

825316262[/snapback]

JC.....you better get on the road cause you got a long drive ahead!!!!!

JC.....you better get on the road cause you got a long drive ahead!!!!!

825316282[/snapback]

Well unfortunately things came up,and I won`t be able to make the trip down to Rhea Co tonight. :P I will be listening on the radio however,and should be able to give updates during the game.I hate that I won`t be able to see the Patriots first game of the season,but I`m sure most of you have had things come up and ruin your plans(Oh well,what can you do about it?)

825316262[/snapback]

The idea that Jefferson County is a 'young' team is not by age but the amount of playing time that the players, even seniors, that are starting have had. JC lost it's QB, RBs, 1 WR, half the offensive line, and a heck of a lot of the defense. That is why JC is young. :P

The idea that Jefferson County is a 'young' team is not by age but the amount of playing time that the players, even seniors, that are starting have had.  JC lost it's QB, RBs, 1 WR,  half the offensive line, and a heck of a lot of the defense.  That is why JC is young.  :P

825316355[/snapback]

Half the O-Line? We lost one starter,thats the only unit that returns in full.We may not have alot of guys who started last year,but Smiley,Bowlin,Shiverdecker,and Stanley all got a good amount of PT.Not to mention all the guys who started at some point last year,Pewit,Green, Kline, Blair,Yeary, Luther,Crouch, Acuff, and Huskey. Most of the starters were out by middle of the third quarter last year anyway so there were alot of the starters from this year you played the 2nd half last year.