Fulmer Names Ainge and Schaeffer Co-#1

rollredroll

Guest Oakland

i dont consider myself an expert on ut football, but i think goin with the true freshmen maybe a mistake. if anything i would let leak start, then slowly break in these guys, im sure hards enough for them to get used to college life, much less football

Phil Fulmer names his two true freshmen QBs as co-number ones going into the opener.  How long before Curtis Leak starts crying about C.J.?

Fulmer Names Ainge and Schaeffer Co-#1 at QB

825307092[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing! :P thumb

Man after seeing the highlights of the scrimmage I want Scheaffer to be the man I have never seen anyone that reminds me of Micheal Vick during his time a VT than Brent Scheaffer! 5 carries for 54 yards! plus isn't all that bad passing the ball not a strong arm as Ainge but could have better touch on his passes!

Another great thing I heard Coach Fulmer gave David Yancey a scholorship! thumb

A shock when I first heard the news, to be sure. But after seeing all four QBs perform at the scrimmage, I certainly understand Fulmer's decision. Leak looked lackluster in his handful of series, as did Clausen. Schaeffer not only popped a nice 34-yard run, but made some solid, smart throws. I think Ainge will be the man. Not only does he fit UT's traditional QB mold, but has solid pocket presence and makes smart decisions. He gets rid of it quickly and usually hits his receivers. He'll take some lumps this year, but will be a Clausen-esque quarterback after gaining experience.