smyrna lavergne

bulldog12

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Cat, you were lucky that you came out on the winning end of the stick and a region win. Like I said RHS wanted us to change our fall break game with them to week 0. Who wants to play them anyway, much less with no real experience for our young kids!??So for you, a great thing....for us it would have spelled disaster.

Is Shad still calling the D, or did he get someone in??

Coach Williams is the defensive coordinator and any time you shut out anybody in the region you have done well especially with Lavergnes skill people. So it is a good start for our new defensive coordinator.

We bent but we did not break and our run defense is very good. Other than one drive in the first half where they threw some after we asjusted at the half they didn't do much.

By the way the Lavergne player that said he was going to break some ankles and go for six-------

You guessed it he was noted in the dnj to have some type ankle injury ( not to severe I believe he continued to play) but the irony is amazing.

I was impressed by the way Smyrna came out in the second half. Johnson had a good game but I wasn't overly impressed. He did good when he got outside because he has amazing speed, but from what I saw he couldn't get hardly anywhere up the middle. Orona didn't do to bad. I think he has a stronger arm than Wolke did, but he wasn't very accurate. There were several passes that were overthrown. But overall for a week 0 game, they looked pretty good.