Photos from CPA Game are up

gr8smiles

Great lens and camera. You demonstrated some good skills in framing your shots.

I prefer Canon, but cannot ignore your results. Did you have any blurred, out of focus shots?

What zone did you shoot in, or did you adjust the aperture and shutter speed manually?

Please become a Plus Member so that I can ask you some more questions in a PM.

Nikon D2H with a Nikon 300mm 2.8 lens....no cropping...posted right out of the camera...lighting was tough...Goodpasture's field is well lit in the middle third with lighting dropping to almost unshootable in the 10 yard line to end zone areas. 1st night with that camera...gonna be a fun season...thanks

825308530[/snapback]

All shots are always in focus and sharp.... :blink:

I shot S mode in 500 speed and 800 ISO while light, after dark, switched to manual. Wide open aperture 2.8 and 1600 ISO, speed varied from 250 in end zones to 500 at midfield.

I shoot lots of photos and dump them as I go. Probably shot 300 frames, dumped 150 at the field, and culled down to 90 when I got home. I would not keep some of what I posted from a critical view, but for some kids, those are 1st catches, tackles, etc. and parents love them. This new D2H has 8 frames per second....that's flying! It made shooting so much fun. The rain hampered me in the 2nd half.

Feel free to ask me anything you want.... email can be found where I post the pics.

You need to stop taking pictures of those silly football players and get some real action shots of the hardworking pressbox gang.  That's were the real work gets done! :D

Just kidding, great shots of the guys.

825309223[/snapback]

gr8miles will need to set his shutter speed to the hours setting to catch you and Bighurt at work.