Maryville v.s. Alcoa

*MHSfootball*

I think Maryville win will (but then I'm biased), and the score will go something like 59-24. It's gonna be one heckuva of a showdown tonight - for at least the first two quarters or three.

I would actually like to see Alcoa test Maryville. It's still early, it's not a regional game, and we need a game in which we see how good our starters are in going four full quarters. I don't think we will get this kind of challenge very often throughout the rest of the season.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron,

Deep down I do pull for Alcoa. I don't have many connections to Alcoa anymore. I know the kids from Maryville. I tend to cheer for all of the good plays on both sides of the ball and am glad for whoever wins. I guess you could say I'm lucky because I can't lose.

I have seen alot of High School football in Blount County with 20 years of officiating. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that tonight there will be the largest collection of excellent athletes to ever step on a football field for an inner-county game. Do you agree?

Whether Alcoa or Maryville wins tonight. The fans on both sides need to be humble and show some class.

I guess that leaves out RebelRaider! I've been monitoring these posts to see if Maryville is going to take the Tornadoes for granted. I will have to admit that most of the Maryville posts have shown the respect that should be shown in a rivalry of this magnitude. With the exception of RR. thumb

As this game is just for pride and bragging rights, I pray all the participants play injury free and all of the fans keep it in perspective.